Getting Ready for Valentine's Day!
Caleb & I had alittle help getting ready for Valentine's Day this past weekend. Grandma & Granddad (Webb) made their way here on Friday and stayed through Monday. On Friday, Caleb and Grandma helped me decorate Valentine's cookies....and before they arrived, Caleb actually helped me make the dough - he poured the ingredients into the bowl for me and even used the mixer! He helped me make banana bread too. Maybe he'll be better than me in the kitchen ...though that's not saying alot.
Caleb and Sam had a great time playing w/ their grandparents. They were excited to show them all their toys and their "new" playroom. I think Sherri played non-stop from Friday - Monday morning...the drive back to Indy was probably extremely relaxing...and quiet!!
Caleb had a lazy day on Sunday ....a few times this winter he just randomly gets a fever for one day, with no other symptoms/issues. The other day, he ate fine and he said he felt fine, though he seemed alittle tired. I think he secretly enjoys these random days when he gets these fevers because he gets pop (the only way he'll take medicine...otherwise he throws up) and I let him watch TV.
Since Grandma & Granddad were here, I was able to get all dressed up to meet Justin for a Kellogg Partner Dinner on Saturday night. It was a nice treat to be able to get away and have a night out in the city again.
There really isn't too much news on the boys....well, they each have one new thing they would like to share:
Caleb: He surprised us all this past weekend when he was doing SUBTRACTION. Yes, subtraction...as in math. This is exactly what he was doing: "if I have 4 gumballs and I take one away, I have 3 gumballs. If I take one away I have 2 gumballs. If I take another one away, I have 1 gumball. If I take that away, I have NONE!". I was shocked that he said this (of course, I was the only one in the room) so I asked him to repeat it. He did. Then I got Justin. He repeated it again. Then we got Granddad and he repeated it again. It was crazy. I have never worked on addition or subtraction with him. I'd like to get him out of diapers first.
Sam: He runs. Enough said. He runs and chases...in fact, he now says "chase". He also screams when he runs b/c I think he wants to be a monster. He might be one....a sweet monster.
Caleb and Sam had a great time playing w/ their grandparents. They were excited to show them all their toys and their "new" playroom. I think Sherri played non-stop from Friday - Monday morning...the drive back to Indy was probably extremely relaxing...and quiet!!
Caleb had a lazy day on Sunday ....a few times this winter he just randomly gets a fever for one day, with no other symptoms/issues. The other day, he ate fine and he said he felt fine, though he seemed alittle tired. I think he secretly enjoys these random days when he gets these fevers because he gets pop (the only way he'll take medicine...otherwise he throws up) and I let him watch TV.
Since Grandma & Granddad were here, I was able to get all dressed up to meet Justin for a Kellogg Partner Dinner on Saturday night. It was a nice treat to be able to get away and have a night out in the city again.
There really isn't too much news on the boys....well, they each have one new thing they would like to share:
Caleb: He surprised us all this past weekend when he was doing SUBTRACTION. Yes, subtraction...as in math. This is exactly what he was doing: "if I have 4 gumballs and I take one away, I have 3 gumballs. If I take one away I have 2 gumballs. If I take another one away, I have 1 gumball. If I take that away, I have NONE!". I was shocked that he said this (of course, I was the only one in the room) so I asked him to repeat it. He did. Then I got Justin. He repeated it again. Then we got Granddad and he repeated it again. It was crazy. I have never worked on addition or subtraction with him. I'd like to get him out of diapers first.
Sam: He runs. Enough said. He runs and chases...in fact, he now says "chase". He also screams when he runs b/c I think he wants to be a monster. He might be one....a sweet monster.


0 Comments:
Post a Comment
<< Home