Name:
Location: United States

Monday, February 25, 2008

Silly Sam

He's running, he's crazy, he's happy and yes - he's wearing Caleb's underwear outside of his pants... and I'm not sure how clean they really were at the time but I don't think Sam would care either way. Actually, knowing Sam, he'd prefer them to be dirty.

So why is my little guy running around like this? Because I wasn't in the mood for a tantrum. Caleb got really sick this past weekend and although he has done perfectly all week with potty training, I put him in pull-ups Saturday afternoon so he could fall asleep whenever and not be upset if he wet his pants. Anyway - I changed him in the living room as he was falling asleep and Sam quickly picked up the underwear and started running around with it. Then he brought it to me and sat on my lap (which is what he does with shoes and socks when he wants me to put them on). I asked if he wanted to wear underwear and he nodded his head and said "uh huh". I just pretended to put it on and he got upset. I asked him again and he gave me the same eager nod. What the heck....I put them on and he was as happy as could be. He spent the rest of the day in them, occassionally looking down to admire them. I even tried to get rid of them between diaper changes and he "wouldn't let me"....he caught me each time.

This poor guy needs spring weather. He needs to get outside and run...for miles. He has so much energy and is such a busy little guy. I think one of his favorite things to do right now is to go up and down the stairs (which he does perfectly on his own, though of course I still walk behind him). I know alot of people that have very high energy children, but at least their "high energy" ones enjoy the TV alittle. Sam still has ZERO interest in the TV....which is a curse and a blessing. It's annoying b/c car trips are still difficult with him and sometimes, I would just like him to sit still while I make dinner.

Sam is always moving and Caleb is always talking...but not this weekend. Poor Caleb was sick again, and this time was probably his worst illness ever (even worse than croup!). It started Friday afternoon (and naturally, this was Justin's Fri/Saturday in school). I was just giving him medicine to help bring down his fever and he got sick all over the living room floor, himself, me, a blanket and a bunch of toys....and while this was going on, Sam was jumping on the couch and then literally diving head-first onto the floor. It was a disaster. We had a rough night....Caleb & I didn't sleep much.

So all day Saturday and Sunday, Caleb's fever was between 102.5 - 104.5 and he didn't say much. The only things he managed to say were "water!" "i don't want to spit up" and believe it or not "i have the feeling". The poor little guy had no energy to walk to the bathroom, so I carried him most of the time. I couldn't believe he was even thinking of using his little toilet. What a trooper. He ate nothing, said very little, but watched alot of TV. I'm officially sick of Dragon Tales, The Cars Movie and Finding Nemo. My friend Lisa came over today w/ new movies for us to watch - yippeee!!

Justin and I think we ruined his love for pop, which is actually a good thing (except for when he's sick). That is the only way we can get him to take fever reducer without throwing it up, and tonight was the first time I have ever heard him say "no, I dont' want pop".

He was doing much better today....he managed to get off the couch to play alittle, eat a few things, and talk more. Apparently, he has an ear infection and possibly the beginning stage of bronchitis. Hopefully the antibiotic he is on will take care of both...I sure hope so b/c I'm not sure how long we can all stay couped up in this house together! If we don't get healthy and if it doesn't warm up alittle, we may all be jumping off the couch head-first.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home