A Silly Birthday Wish
So, I've been asking Caleb recently what he wants for his Birthday and he really doesn't say much, other than "Cars Cars". Easy and cheap enough I guess, but I was hoping for something alittle more exciting to give him. He came up with the idea today, without me asking. Unfortunately, I don't think he will get it.....even if we had alot of money, he wouldn't be able to get this. Do you know what he seriously asked me? To be on a TV show. On his Birthday. But do you know what the show was? No, not Little Einsteins, or SuperWhy, or Sesame Street or any normal kids TV show. He asked if he could be on the show "Dirty Jobs", which is a show Justin (and Caleb) like to watch on the Discovery channel. It's just some guy that sees what it's like to do other people's jobs and these jobs are really disgusting / dirty jobs - certainly not a kids show (though I don't object to it.....no violence or love scenes...it's educational I guess) but I think it's so funny.
I learned about this today, when I saw him walking around with his hard hat on.
Me: Oh, you found your hard hat, huh? that's cool.
Caleb: Yep, this is what that guy on Dirty Jobs wears too.
Me: Yeah, that is.
Caleb: I need to find work gloves too. (he starts looking through Justin's gloves in the closet)
Me: You really like that show, don't you?
Caleb: Yeah. I want to be on that show.
Me: You want to be ON that show?
Caleb: (with a big smile). Yeah! That would be fun. I can wear my hat. But I need gloves.
Me: Well, maybe we can get you work gloves like daddy's for your birthday.
Caleb: well, maybe I can be on the show for my birthday.
Me: Oh, I dont' think so. Let's start with the gloves.
So - we go to the store (not for gloves) this afternoon and he is still on the Dirty Jobs obsession.
Caleb: Can we look for gloves for me?
Me: Sure (whatever)
Caleb (to the woman working): We are looking for gloves for me.
Lady: Oh, new gloves huh?
Caleb: Yep, I'm going to be on the show Dirty Jobs.
Lady: Oh, that's nice.
Me: Caleb, you are not going to be on that show.
Caleb: Yes I am.
Me: No, you aren't
Caleb: Yes I am. But we need to find gloves.
He hasn't mentioned it since. But I have to say, I'm just happy the kid doesn't want to be on Barney. Have you seen the kids on that show? Horrible. Horribly annoying.
The conversation above also reminds me of a conversation he had with an appraiser that came out to our house the other day. She was measuring the closet in the master bedroom (with Caleb's "help") and Caleb pulled out a slipper of mine....
Caleb: Oh, this is mama's pink slipper.
Lady: Oh, that's a nice slipper.
Caleb: Yep. (then holding up a pair of black shiny heals) And here are mama's tap shoes.
Me: Those are not tap shoes.
Caleb: Yes, they are. These are your tap shoe, mama..
Me: How do you even know what tap shoes are? (seriously)
Caleb: You dance in them.
Me: No I don't
Caleb: Yes you do.
Me: I dont' know how to tap dance.
Caleb: Yes, you do. And you wear these tap shoes.
I haven't worn those shoes since I worked in the city and I don't know how to tap dance. Where does he get this stuff?
I learned about this today, when I saw him walking around with his hard hat on.
Me: Oh, you found your hard hat, huh? that's cool.
Caleb: Yep, this is what that guy on Dirty Jobs wears too.
Me: Yeah, that is.
Caleb: I need to find work gloves too. (he starts looking through Justin's gloves in the closet)
Me: You really like that show, don't you?
Caleb: Yeah. I want to be on that show.
Me: You want to be ON that show?
Caleb: (with a big smile). Yeah! That would be fun. I can wear my hat. But I need gloves.
Me: Well, maybe we can get you work gloves like daddy's for your birthday.
Caleb: well, maybe I can be on the show for my birthday.
Me: Oh, I dont' think so. Let's start with the gloves.
So - we go to the store (not for gloves) this afternoon and he is still on the Dirty Jobs obsession.
Caleb: Can we look for gloves for me?
Me: Sure (whatever)
Caleb (to the woman working): We are looking for gloves for me.
Lady: Oh, new gloves huh?
Caleb: Yep, I'm going to be on the show Dirty Jobs.
Lady: Oh, that's nice.
Me: Caleb, you are not going to be on that show.
Caleb: Yes I am.
Me: No, you aren't
Caleb: Yes I am. But we need to find gloves.
He hasn't mentioned it since. But I have to say, I'm just happy the kid doesn't want to be on Barney. Have you seen the kids on that show? Horrible. Horribly annoying.
The conversation above also reminds me of a conversation he had with an appraiser that came out to our house the other day. She was measuring the closet in the master bedroom (with Caleb's "help") and Caleb pulled out a slipper of mine....
Caleb: Oh, this is mama's pink slipper.
Lady: Oh, that's a nice slipper.
Caleb: Yep. (then holding up a pair of black shiny heals) And here are mama's tap shoes.
Me: Those are not tap shoes.
Caleb: Yes, they are. These are your tap shoe, mama..
Me: How do you even know what tap shoes are? (seriously)
Caleb: You dance in them.
Me: No I don't
Caleb: Yes you do.
Me: I dont' know how to tap dance.
Caleb: Yes, you do. And you wear these tap shoes.
I haven't worn those shoes since I worked in the city and I don't know how to tap dance. Where does he get this stuff?


0 Comments:
Post a Comment
<< Home