Silly Boys
I'm still trying to upload pics from Caleb's Birthday....I'm getting there, but still not done with the zoo pics yet. I've started. I should have added them all by now, I don't really feel like we've been up to much.
Caleb had his 3 year check up last week Thursday. He received lots of compliments from the doctor. Surprisingly he is 50% for weight (well, that doesn't suprise me) and 60% for height. I'm suprised that his height wasn't more b/c he seems to be alot taller than his friends who are older than he is...and even our neighbor who is almost 4. I did notice that he stood up straighter after the nurse was done measuring. Go figure. Regardless, he's healthy and that's all I care about.
We had a low key weekend. Sam is recovering from a virus...bad cough (which actually turned into croup last week). The illness has not stopped him one bit, but we still didn't want to overdo it w/ him. He is still running around as usual, eating everything in sight and trying hard to do everything his big brother is doing. He is saying alot of words now...too many to even list. He is getting very good at repeating words...and my favorite thing he can say now is "love you" (or as he says "wuv ew"). So cute. I also like that he is starting to say people's names. The other day Justin was carrying Sam down the stairs and he saw the picture of Justin & Casey at Wrigley Field and Sam pointed to it and yelled "Casey!"
I posted this picture of the boys b/c it is so typical of what we have seen the past few weeks. They really crack each other up and are starting to have fun together. The dinner table is when they both "gang up" on mom and do silly/naughty things to make each other laugh. Sammy thinks Caleb is the funniest thing, and he watches him so closely and tries so hard to do things just like his big brother. Caleb has been doing a good job being the big brother....he kisses Sam when he gets hurt, he tells him things are going to be okay, he holds his hand and brings him to the play room with him, and he is really starting to try to play games with him. It's cute. Don't get me wrong, they still fight over toys (especially Cars Cars...and unfortunately, they both have the same favorite right now).
I enjoy listening to the two of them play together, and I love it when I'm in the other room and I hear them laughing together...it's just so cool. The other day as they were playing, I heard Sammy grunting...trying to go to the bathroom (poor guy) and then:
Caleb: Mama, I think Sammy is pooping. Sammy are you pooping?
Sam: uh huh
Caleb: Okay, Sammy. You come over here with me. (he helps him up from sitting position, he grabs his hand and leads him to a different place in the house). There. Sit down Sammy. Poop right here, Sammy. You can poop right here while you watch me do my trickiest tricks, okay?
Sam: uh huh (he sits down)
Caleb: Okay, watch me Sammy.
Who needs newspapers when you have Caleb and his trickiest tricks?
Caleb had his 3 year check up last week Thursday. He received lots of compliments from the doctor. Surprisingly he is 50% for weight (well, that doesn't suprise me) and 60% for height. I'm suprised that his height wasn't more b/c he seems to be alot taller than his friends who are older than he is...and even our neighbor who is almost 4. I did notice that he stood up straighter after the nurse was done measuring. Go figure. Regardless, he's healthy and that's all I care about.
We had a low key weekend. Sam is recovering from a virus...bad cough (which actually turned into croup last week). The illness has not stopped him one bit, but we still didn't want to overdo it w/ him. He is still running around as usual, eating everything in sight and trying hard to do everything his big brother is doing. He is saying alot of words now...too many to even list. He is getting very good at repeating words...and my favorite thing he can say now is "love you" (or as he says "wuv ew"). So cute. I also like that he is starting to say people's names. The other day Justin was carrying Sam down the stairs and he saw the picture of Justin & Casey at Wrigley Field and Sam pointed to it and yelled "Casey!"
I posted this picture of the boys b/c it is so typical of what we have seen the past few weeks. They really crack each other up and are starting to have fun together. The dinner table is when they both "gang up" on mom and do silly/naughty things to make each other laugh. Sammy thinks Caleb is the funniest thing, and he watches him so closely and tries so hard to do things just like his big brother. Caleb has been doing a good job being the big brother....he kisses Sam when he gets hurt, he tells him things are going to be okay, he holds his hand and brings him to the play room with him, and he is really starting to try to play games with him. It's cute. Don't get me wrong, they still fight over toys (especially Cars Cars...and unfortunately, they both have the same favorite right now).
I enjoy listening to the two of them play together, and I love it when I'm in the other room and I hear them laughing together...it's just so cool. The other day as they were playing, I heard Sammy grunting...trying to go to the bathroom (poor guy) and then:
Caleb: Mama, I think Sammy is pooping. Sammy are you pooping?
Sam: uh huh
Caleb: Okay, Sammy. You come over here with me. (he helps him up from sitting position, he grabs his hand and leads him to a different place in the house). There. Sit down Sammy. Poop right here, Sammy. You can poop right here while you watch me do my trickiest tricks, okay?
Sam: uh huh (he sits down)
Caleb: Okay, watch me Sammy.
Who needs newspapers when you have Caleb and his trickiest tricks?


0 Comments:
Post a Comment
<< Home