Name:
Location: United States

Monday, June 16, 2008

A Week in Wisconsin

After having the boys to myself for a week, and looking at another exhausting week without him, I decided to head to Wisconsin. I figured this would make the boys extremely happy and would give me some company, help....and much better food!

Justin headed to school on Sunday after dinner at Johnny Rockets (Caleb's new favorite). On Monday, the boys and I went to our last music class and came home to pack up. We headed to Wisconsin on Tuesday morning and stayed until Saturday....a very nice visit!!

Caleb was thrilled to show everyone his new bike and how well he can ride it. He spent alot of time playing outside with Grandma, he fed the birds with Grandpa (one of his favorite things to do there), he helped Grandma make my favorite cake, he spent alot of time with Casey (it's nice to have him free from the pub life!!), he played at Amy's and at Jill's and had a few visits from Mally! He was quite busy. Casey & I were going to take Mally & Caleb to the movies, but there were no "G" movies playing so we did Friday "date night" at Grandma's house instead....we ordered pizza, grandpa made "real" popcorn and we all watched a movie on the big screen in the dark basement - - close enough to the cinema!

Sammy had a great time too....he had fun doing the same things Caleb did - lots of playing outside, plenty of attention - and although he didn't care to watch the movie on Friday night, he did eat more than his share of popcorn. Sam also loves playing with Millie...he is always concerned with where she is and she gives her ALOT of hugs - it's cute. Sam was also very interested in the piano - I actually sat with him alot so he could play ....and he actually SAT down to play (well, most of the time). Sam was very happy to see and spend time with Amy & Casey....he seems to have been obsessed with them since Memorial Day weekend.

The boys also have new "names" for Grandma & Grandpa. Caleb calls Grandma "Gram" now and Sammy calls Grandpa "Pop-Pop" (although he used to say "guapa").

Of course, I had a great time....seeing family, having help with the boys (I didn't cook a meal, or give either of the boys baths), being spoiled with yummy foods and taking lots of naps!! We left on Saturday and beat Justin home from school. Saturday was actually our Anniversary (5 years!) and we celebrated at Applebees with the boys. hahahaha. We actually plan to celebrate later this week with a nice dinner out without the boys, but we both figured that it was more important for us all to hang out together since we were away from Justin for basically 2 weeks. The boys are thrilled to have him home again and have been climbing on him ever since.

Father's Day was uneventful, but relaxing. I asked Justin what he wanted to do, and he pointed to the couch...and that is basically where he spent his day - though he did take care of the yard (with the boys help, of course), and he ended up grilling out for dinner.

Caleb called Grandpa tonight to wish him a Happy Birthday....he even sang to him! He was mad after the call though b/c I said we couldn't go to Grandma's tomorrow. I reminded him that Sammy was sick and we needed to take care of him...and we wanted him to get better fast so his cousins Alex & Zach could come on Saturday....that seemed to get him all excited again. I wish someone could change my moods that fast!

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home