Name:
Location: United States

Sunday, June 08, 2008

A Busy & Hot Week

We had a nice week, despite the fact that Justin was gone. We managed to keep ourselves busy, so the week would go by fast! We had music class on Monday, Tuesday was spent running errands (and I had a night out w/ girlfriends, and Caleb was thrilled Nicole the babysitter was here), Wednesday was playgroup - and after naptime we headed over to my friend Renay's house for dinner. She has 3 boys and Caleb plays nicely w/ her boy Logan and Sam plays nicely with Aiden. They both had a great time there, running through the sprinkler, playing on their water table and just running around the yard. Thursday we played at home and got ready for Justin to come home - the boys were very excited to see him. Fortunately, the weather didn't affect his flight arrival time, and he was home before dinner! Friday, we spent the morning w/ another friend of mine and her 2 kids.....Caleb & Sam both had fun playing at a "new" home, especially since there was alittle pool they could splash around in. They both really love playing in water right now.

Caleb has been asking for a "big bike" for awhile now, so we finally gave in and bought him one. I think we waited too long to buy one b/c many of the stores were already out of bikes his size....lucky for him, there was still a "Lightening McQueen" one still hanging around one of the stores. He is thrilled to have his bike and is actually really good at riding it already. He is proud to wear his helmet (can you tell?) and is always wanting to go for a walk (which really means a bike-ride). He and his neighbor friend, Zach, rode bikes this morning for about 45 minutes!! I was getting alittle nervous when they decided to race each other...side by side on the sidewalk, going faster than I'd like, but there were no crashes and Caleb won just about everytime so I was happy. hahaha. The look on his face when he races is hilarious.

So Sam set a record this weekend....he sat down to watch TV for about 5 minutes straight! So what caused him to actually sit still for this "long?"....the women's finals of the French Open! Ha! Of course, it wasn't a cartoon or children's show...it was a sporting event! I'm guessing he'll watch football with us this fall (for a few minutes anyway). Caleb was watching too, as he was building new tracks for his trains. He thought it looked so fun that he asked if he could play tennis too. I told him he could play this week while we are at grandma's...and he didn't forget - he mentioned it today while talking to her on the phone.

Before riding bikes, and before it got too hot, the boys had a great time today helping Justin with the yardwork (see more pics). I really think this is one of their favorite things to do - and they both take it very seriously (as you can tell by their faces on the pics). Whenever we hear someone mowing, Sammy yells "mow? dada?" and he wants to go outside and mow w/ Justin. A neighbor commented today on how cute the boys were following Justin with their mowers.

Sammy says sooo many words right now - too many to count - and he is doing a great job putting them together. I was changing his diaper today and he said "ing ing ing...ing ac donold peas?" I looked at him and said, "you want me to sing Old Mcdonald (please)?" and then he smiled and yelled "uh huh!!" I was so excited that I understood his request...and I think he was equally excited!

You'll notice on the pics that the boys spent time in the swings today. I had to laugh at their differences while I was pushing them....Sammy sits there quietly, doesn't need to go very high and he really just observes/watches things...birds, Justin mowing, kids playing next door. Caleb, on the other hand, needs to go high and he talks or sings the entire time. He's learning to pump his legs, but I think he'd "get it" faster if he talked less and concentrated alittle!!

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home