The Boys
The boys have been having a nice week so far. Monday, Caleb & I went to the movies...Caleb's first trip to the theater! We went with his friend Adam and his mom, Lisa and we saw The Bee Movie. The theater that is about 5 minutes away has children's movies every day at 10:30 for $1. Can't beat that...and although Caleb had already seen the Bee Movie, he has never seen it on the big screen. He LOVED it. He had his own popcorn & juice and he sat still in his chair the entire time (which totally did NOT surprise me). The only time he talked was to warn everyone around when the "scary parts" were going to happen and one time he looked at me with a big smile on his face and said "mama, this is SO COOL." I loved that.
While Caleb & I were enjoying the movie, Sam was at Adam's house, hanging out with his younger brother Alex and a new babysitter. He supposedly had a good time...and i was told he is "easily distracted and is a good eater." The babysitter also loved how he talked/communicated (she's a 2nd grade teacher, so I loved her "report" on him...very teacher-ish). We all had lunch there after the movie and the boys played nicely together afterwards.
Tuesday, the boys and I ran errands in the morning. They were so good, we made a quick stop at Krispy Kreme Donuts (mostly because I was having a craving...but they really were being angels). Our last stop was the mall, where they both got new crocs. Sammy was very excited to have a pair...he is obsessed with everyone else's and is very proud to have his own.
Tuesday afternoon we headed to the park with our neighbors, Anthony and Issac. Caleb & the neighbor boys rode their bikes, and Sammy "drove" his car. The boys played nicely and after about 45 minutes, we headed back to play with more neighborhood kids and Justin suprised us by being home early. It was a nice day.
Today, Nicole watched the boys while I had a doctor's appointment. They were both very happy to see Nicole. It rained and was very humid, so we actually stayed inside all day....lots of block building, track making, indoor soccer, playing farm, and parking matchbox cars. Caleb REALLY wants to learn to read (he tries sounding out alot of words he sees) so I let him watch a LeapFrog video on reading. I think I need to work alittle more with him on his lowercase letters (though I think he knows them all) and then reading will be easier. He is just more comfortable reading uppercase words. Today, I showed him the word "CAT" and I asked him what the word was and he stared at it with a big smile and said "cat!"
My little Sam is so funny right now. He tries so hard to do everything like his big brother. Caleb likes putting on his own clothes/pjs now so Sam is following along. He sees Caleb pull his pants down, so he does the same. He takes his own shoes off and tries hard to put them back on. He even tries hard to sit still and watch TV with Caleb, but it just doesn't work out. He usually ends up either jumping on the couch or sticking his finger in Caleb's ear (which was his choice of fun today) after about 2 minutes of watching TV. Needless to say, this is his time to get in trouble.
So music class is over and I'm alittle tired of the music class CDs. Fortunately, the CD that the boys are REALLY into right now is a disco CD. Their favorite song is "Macho Man" (which I will quickly be tired of listening to) but they also like "Shake Your Bootie" and "We are Family". We listen to this CD in the car and they BOTH sing the songs and dance in their carseats. I turned around today and watched Sammy sing "hey...hey...hey hey hey - macho macho maaaa" and then he sang "shake shake shake" and moved his little arms so fast, wearing the biggest smile on his face. They both crack me up with their dancing/singing.
The boys are looking forward to Friday...we are heading into the city (Navy Pier) for a McKinsey function. It will be nice to see some old work colleagues and show the boys a whole new world. Before our city adventure, Sammy has his 18 month dr appointment. I'm curious to see how my little munchkin is growing. I also want the doctor to check out his foot...he has been limping for the past 3 or 4 days. Who knows what that kid did to himself....it wouldn't surprise me if he is walking/running with broken toe or something. Whatever the problem is, it isn't stopping him...he still goes at about 100 mph.
While Caleb & I were enjoying the movie, Sam was at Adam's house, hanging out with his younger brother Alex and a new babysitter. He supposedly had a good time...and i was told he is "easily distracted and is a good eater." The babysitter also loved how he talked/communicated (she's a 2nd grade teacher, so I loved her "report" on him...very teacher-ish). We all had lunch there after the movie and the boys played nicely together afterwards.
Tuesday, the boys and I ran errands in the morning. They were so good, we made a quick stop at Krispy Kreme Donuts (mostly because I was having a craving...but they really were being angels). Our last stop was the mall, where they both got new crocs. Sammy was very excited to have a pair...he is obsessed with everyone else's and is very proud to have his own.
Tuesday afternoon we headed to the park with our neighbors, Anthony and Issac. Caleb & the neighbor boys rode their bikes, and Sammy "drove" his car. The boys played nicely and after about 45 minutes, we headed back to play with more neighborhood kids and Justin suprised us by being home early. It was a nice day.
Today, Nicole watched the boys while I had a doctor's appointment. They were both very happy to see Nicole. It rained and was very humid, so we actually stayed inside all day....lots of block building, track making, indoor soccer, playing farm, and parking matchbox cars. Caleb REALLY wants to learn to read (he tries sounding out alot of words he sees) so I let him watch a LeapFrog video on reading. I think I need to work alittle more with him on his lowercase letters (though I think he knows them all) and then reading will be easier. He is just more comfortable reading uppercase words. Today, I showed him the word "CAT" and I asked him what the word was and he stared at it with a big smile and said "cat!"
My little Sam is so funny right now. He tries so hard to do everything like his big brother. Caleb likes putting on his own clothes/pjs now so Sam is following along. He sees Caleb pull his pants down, so he does the same. He takes his own shoes off and tries hard to put them back on. He even tries hard to sit still and watch TV with Caleb, but it just doesn't work out. He usually ends up either jumping on the couch or sticking his finger in Caleb's ear (which was his choice of fun today) after about 2 minutes of watching TV. Needless to say, this is his time to get in trouble.
So music class is over and I'm alittle tired of the music class CDs. Fortunately, the CD that the boys are REALLY into right now is a disco CD. Their favorite song is "Macho Man" (which I will quickly be tired of listening to) but they also like "Shake Your Bootie" and "We are Family". We listen to this CD in the car and they BOTH sing the songs and dance in their carseats. I turned around today and watched Sammy sing "hey...hey...hey hey hey - macho macho maaaa" and then he sang "shake shake shake" and moved his little arms so fast, wearing the biggest smile on his face. They both crack me up with their dancing/singing.
The boys are looking forward to Friday...we are heading into the city (Navy Pier) for a McKinsey function. It will be nice to see some old work colleagues and show the boys a whole new world. Before our city adventure, Sammy has his 18 month dr appointment. I'm curious to see how my little munchkin is growing. I also want the doctor to check out his foot...he has been limping for the past 3 or 4 days. Who knows what that kid did to himself....it wouldn't surprise me if he is walking/running with broken toe or something. Whatever the problem is, it isn't stopping him...he still goes at about 100 mph.


0 Comments:
Post a Comment
<< Home