A Great Weekend
We had a really nice weekend....lots of fun packed in and great weather. After Sam's doctor's appointment on Friday, the boys and I headed into the city. Justin had a work event at Navy Pier, and families were invited to attend. Caleb was really excited about this little adventure, and he just lit up when he saw the tall buildings downtown.
When we first arrived at Navy Pier, the boys and I walked around and watched boats. We then had lunch with Justin and some old work friends of mine (many of you know Erin, and my friend Penny) - it was REALLY nice to see them. Inside the lunchroom, there was a big blow-up trampoline that Caleb and Sam both enjoyed.
After lunch, we met up with one of our good friends, Marc. It was really nice to see him too....we don't get to seem him often - he's a big actor now in LA (he's on ER). He spent the afternoon helping us entertain our boys on Navy Pier...riding the big Ferris Wheel, carousel, seeing all the Navy Pier sights (see pics). Erin & Penny joined us all for a nice snack time (aka happy hour...for those that can drink). Sammy had Erin in tears as he told her he had to "poop" and then proceeded to pull down his pants. Caleb quickly fell in love with our friends too...he picked flowers for Erin & Penny (right next to a "do not pick the flowers" sign - oops) and was very fond of Marc as well - he was very happy he later joined us for dinner at Bubba Gumps.
So - the craziest thing that happened while we were on Navy Pier took place on our walk to Bubba Gumps. Caleb wanted us all to stop to watch a magic show. We parked the stroller and kept an eye on Caleb, who quickly walked up to the stage. I yelled at him to sit down next to all the other kids and he did (but after telling me that he wanted to go on stage). There was another kid on stage helping the magician...the kid was probably 6 or 7. Caleb talked to a few of the other kids sitting down and watched the show for a few minutes, but then got up to tell us that he really wanted to be on stage. I told him he probably needed to be alittle older, but if he wanted to be on stage, he could raise his hand when the man asked for a volunteer. So Caleb sits back down next to his new little friends...and when the magician asks for another volunteer, Caleb stands up, puts both arms up, waves them in the air and jumps up and down...the guy looks at Caleb and says "oh buddy, you're alittle too young for my next act....but maybe if your mommy comes on stage with you it would be okay." Now - first of all, there were about 20 other eager arms in the air...why Caleb? but more importantly - WHY ME? I HATE BEING ON STAGE!!!! Of course, I go up with him, b/c this is something he really seems to want to do....and he LOVES it. We did a few card tricks and Caleb was always very eager to show the audience the cards and answer all of the magician's questions. He was not at all shy or embarassed to be on stage (like I was) - he was LOVING it. Of course, we ran out of space on our memory card, but Justin did manage to get 2 pics of us. You can't tell how many people there were, but ....the stage is in the middle of Navy Pier...on a beautiful Friday late afternoon...there were PLENTY of people!!! Caleb definitely had his audience. When we finished our performance, our friend Marc told us to go ahead and get Caleb an agent. ha! You can see on the pics that the two actors had fun posing for me earlier that day. ;)
Saturday, Caleb & I went to our neighbor's Birthday Party - Isaac turns 4 on Tuesday. Isaac is very interested in his gymnastics class, and his party was at a really nice gym where he takes his lessons. The boys all got a 45 minute gymnastics class and Caleb loved it. I was REALLY surprised with how well he did, especially considering that he was one of the younger kids there and I wasn't participating with him (like I do with any of his other classes). While Caleb & I had fun at the party, Sammy had daddy all to himself....they enjoyed spending time outside - at home and at the park.
Today, I had Sammy to myself and Justin had some alone time with Caleb. Sammy and I did puzzles, played outside, took a nice walk and came in for some quiet time (although I have to admit...having Justin & Caleb out of the house automatically makes it quiet around here!!). It was nice to have good one-on-one time with my little Sam. He's so sweet and it's nice to just give him all of my attention for awhile. Caleb & Justin went to see the movie WALL-E. Caleb has been really excited about this movie...he likes robots (some of you have heard him talk like a robot) and has talked about this movie ever since he saw a preview on TV. Anyway - he was very happy to go to the theater again, eat popcorn and watch this movie with his daddy.
During dinner tonight, Caleb asked "what fun thing are we going to do next?" hmmmmm....does Sammy's X-Ray sound like fun? Caleb's answer would probably be "yes" since he can play doctor and see the big fish tank. Sam won't be as thrilled...I'll have to think of something "fun" for Sam afterwards....and since his foot/leg is hurt, I guess jumping on the couch isn't a good idea, huh?
When we first arrived at Navy Pier, the boys and I walked around and watched boats. We then had lunch with Justin and some old work friends of mine (many of you know Erin, and my friend Penny) - it was REALLY nice to see them. Inside the lunchroom, there was a big blow-up trampoline that Caleb and Sam both enjoyed.
After lunch, we met up with one of our good friends, Marc. It was really nice to see him too....we don't get to seem him often - he's a big actor now in LA (he's on ER). He spent the afternoon helping us entertain our boys on Navy Pier...riding the big Ferris Wheel, carousel, seeing all the Navy Pier sights (see pics). Erin & Penny joined us all for a nice snack time (aka happy hour...for those that can drink). Sammy had Erin in tears as he told her he had to "poop" and then proceeded to pull down his pants. Caleb quickly fell in love with our friends too...he picked flowers for Erin & Penny (right next to a "do not pick the flowers" sign - oops) and was very fond of Marc as well - he was very happy he later joined us for dinner at Bubba Gumps.
So - the craziest thing that happened while we were on Navy Pier took place on our walk to Bubba Gumps. Caleb wanted us all to stop to watch a magic show. We parked the stroller and kept an eye on Caleb, who quickly walked up to the stage. I yelled at him to sit down next to all the other kids and he did (but after telling me that he wanted to go on stage). There was another kid on stage helping the magician...the kid was probably 6 or 7. Caleb talked to a few of the other kids sitting down and watched the show for a few minutes, but then got up to tell us that he really wanted to be on stage. I told him he probably needed to be alittle older, but if he wanted to be on stage, he could raise his hand when the man asked for a volunteer. So Caleb sits back down next to his new little friends...and when the magician asks for another volunteer, Caleb stands up, puts both arms up, waves them in the air and jumps up and down...the guy looks at Caleb and says "oh buddy, you're alittle too young for my next act....but maybe if your mommy comes on stage with you it would be okay." Now - first of all, there were about 20 other eager arms in the air...why Caleb? but more importantly - WHY ME? I HATE BEING ON STAGE!!!! Of course, I go up with him, b/c this is something he really seems to want to do....and he LOVES it. We did a few card tricks and Caleb was always very eager to show the audience the cards and answer all of the magician's questions. He was not at all shy or embarassed to be on stage (like I was) - he was LOVING it. Of course, we ran out of space on our memory card, but Justin did manage to get 2 pics of us. You can't tell how many people there were, but ....the stage is in the middle of Navy Pier...on a beautiful Friday late afternoon...there were PLENTY of people!!! Caleb definitely had his audience. When we finished our performance, our friend Marc told us to go ahead and get Caleb an agent. ha! You can see on the pics that the two actors had fun posing for me earlier that day. ;)
Saturday, Caleb & I went to our neighbor's Birthday Party - Isaac turns 4 on Tuesday. Isaac is very interested in his gymnastics class, and his party was at a really nice gym where he takes his lessons. The boys all got a 45 minute gymnastics class and Caleb loved it. I was REALLY surprised with how well he did, especially considering that he was one of the younger kids there and I wasn't participating with him (like I do with any of his other classes). While Caleb & I had fun at the party, Sammy had daddy all to himself....they enjoyed spending time outside - at home and at the park.
Today, I had Sammy to myself and Justin had some alone time with Caleb. Sammy and I did puzzles, played outside, took a nice walk and came in for some quiet time (although I have to admit...having Justin & Caleb out of the house automatically makes it quiet around here!!). It was nice to have good one-on-one time with my little Sam. He's so sweet and it's nice to just give him all of my attention for awhile. Caleb & Justin went to see the movie WALL-E. Caleb has been really excited about this movie...he likes robots (some of you have heard him talk like a robot) and has talked about this movie ever since he saw a preview on TV. Anyway - he was very happy to go to the theater again, eat popcorn and watch this movie with his daddy.
During dinner tonight, Caleb asked "what fun thing are we going to do next?" hmmmmm....does Sammy's X-Ray sound like fun? Caleb's answer would probably be "yes" since he can play doctor and see the big fish tank. Sam won't be as thrilled...I'll have to think of something "fun" for Sam afterwards....and since his foot/leg is hurt, I guess jumping on the couch isn't a good idea, huh?


0 Comments:
Post a Comment
<< Home