Sammy Wants to be a Big Boy
Would you let this crazy messy kid eat at your table? ...and I'm not talking about in his high chair...I mean, AT the table!?! Well, he seems to think that he no longer needs a high chair and he'd like to sit at the table...on a regular chair. Yeah...so we compromised. He is sitting at the big table, but on the travel booster seat. And snack time he is getting away with sitting on regular chair eating ....and I KNOW he's going to want to get rid of his sippy cup soon and drink out of a "big boy cup" like Caleb. Not a chance.
The other thing Sam thinks he needs to do now is to WALK up and down the stairs (not crawl), using the handrail - which he can barely reach. He is fine as long as he's holding onto someone's hand, but if the gate is left open, he tries to walk up the stairs by himself. Fortunately I have caught him early (on the 2nd or 3rd step). He really really thinks he's a big boy. He even follows the "big boys" around at playgroup and ignores the boys his age.
Sammy's speech is getting better every day. Today he said his first big sentence. Justin was outside grilling and Sam was sitting at the table eating his fruit, with his back to the outside, and he yelled "Dada? Dada where are you? you outside?" And the funniest thing he is saying is "cooze me mama/dada" (excuse me) - it's just cute to hear him say this. And he actually uses it correctly - - he has said it when he bumps into me (he either says "cooze me" or "shashy mama" (sorry mama) and he used it at the dinner table last night when Justin and I were talking and he wanted to say something. We were both amazed. I have his big brother to thank for the good manners....he really repeats everything Caleb says, so I'm happy that Caleb has good manners (hopefully this will last). The other funny thing he says that he has learned from Caleb is "oh, man". It's so cute to hear him say that....and again, he knows when to use it!
Sammy got to spend some time today with Nicole, the babysitter. Caleb & I went to the movies again w/ my friend Lisa and her boy Adam. We saw Surfs Up. I wasn't sure if Caleb would want to stay and play with Nicole or go to the movies with me and his friend.
We also headed out this afternoon to look for his backpack for school. We didn't find a good backpack, but we did find a cool Cars Cars 2-pack that *I* actually wanted. When we got to the check out, Caleb was telling the woman all about Cars cars and was being very animated. She loved Caleb and told one of her co-workers to "come listen to him" ... then she told me that he needed to be on TV. Yeah, he thinks so too.
The other thing Sam thinks he needs to do now is to WALK up and down the stairs (not crawl), using the handrail - which he can barely reach. He is fine as long as he's holding onto someone's hand, but if the gate is left open, he tries to walk up the stairs by himself. Fortunately I have caught him early (on the 2nd or 3rd step). He really really thinks he's a big boy. He even follows the "big boys" around at playgroup and ignores the boys his age.
Sammy's speech is getting better every day. Today he said his first big sentence. Justin was outside grilling and Sam was sitting at the table eating his fruit, with his back to the outside, and he yelled "Dada? Dada where are you? you outside?" And the funniest thing he is saying is "cooze me mama/dada" (excuse me) - it's just cute to hear him say this. And he actually uses it correctly - - he has said it when he bumps into me (he either says "cooze me" or "shashy mama" (sorry mama) and he used it at the dinner table last night when Justin and I were talking and he wanted to say something. We were both amazed. I have his big brother to thank for the good manners....he really repeats everything Caleb says, so I'm happy that Caleb has good manners (hopefully this will last). The other funny thing he says that he has learned from Caleb is "oh, man". It's so cute to hear him say that....and again, he knows when to use it!
Sammy got to spend some time today with Nicole, the babysitter. Caleb & I went to the movies again w/ my friend Lisa and her boy Adam. We saw Surfs Up. I wasn't sure if Caleb would want to stay and play with Nicole or go to the movies with me and his friend.
We also headed out this afternoon to look for his backpack for school. We didn't find a good backpack, but we did find a cool Cars Cars 2-pack that *I* actually wanted. When we got to the check out, Caleb was telling the woman all about Cars cars and was being very animated. She loved Caleb and told one of her co-workers to "come listen to him" ... then she told me that he needed to be on TV. Yeah, he thinks so too.


0 Comments:
Post a Comment
<< Home