My New Talker
As most of you know, Sammy tries to do everything Caleb does...he does a pretty good job keeping up w/ him and NOW he's trying hard to repeat just about everything Caleb says. It's pretty funny. Caleb helps and encourages him to talk...I hear this alot while the two of them play in their playroom together:
Caleb: Sammy, can you say "Murdoch?"
Sam: Muuudock
Caleb: Great job, Sammy! You can say it! Now, can you say "train tracks?"
...this goes on and on. Sometimes it's funny because Caleb will say something like "Sammy, can you say 'Little Einsteins?" and Sammy will just say "NO" without even trying. ha.
Today, I realized that Sammy also repeats things he hears from days ago. I was telling Caleb what our week looks like ....here was our conversation:
Me: Tomorrow, Adam & Alex are coming over to play with you and Sam.
Sammy: Ayham HIT HIT Ayham!
Me: Adam hits?
Sammy: Uh huh.
Me: Well, he doesn't hit you, buddy. And he's learning not to hit. Hitting is naughty, right?
Sammy: Uh huh.
Caleb: Well mama, Sammy is right....Adam does hit. He really does.
Me: Well, I know buddy, but he really is getting better, isn't he?
Caleb: Maybe.
Sammy: Ayham HIT HIT Ayham.
Now - Adam is 3 (almost 4). And although he isn't the best behaved kid I've ever met, I don't recall that he has ever laid a finger on Sam....so what Sammy knows is what he hears, and is now repeating every time we mention the name "Adam." great....another eavesdropper in the family.
Caleb has said some cute things today about the baby. We were having our lunch today, and not even talking about the baby and he asked "What day will the baby come out of your belly?" I told him in December, around Sam's Birthday. Then he asked "Is the baby excited to see me?" I assured him that he or she was very excited. Then he asked if he could go in my belly to say "hi" to her. (he refers to the baby as a her/she ALL the time even though we don't yet know the sex). He was quiet for ...about 15 seconds and then asked me how the baby gets food...he was REALLY thinking about things. I told him that the baby gets food when I eat. I was eating a piece of pizza and he said "so the baby is eating pizza right now?" "yes" "wow, that's crazy." "you know, it is actually crazy, buddy." "yeah I know."
You know what else is crazy? His 3 year old brain.
Caleb: Sammy, can you say "Murdoch?"
Sam: Muuudock
Caleb: Great job, Sammy! You can say it! Now, can you say "train tracks?"
...this goes on and on. Sometimes it's funny because Caleb will say something like "Sammy, can you say 'Little Einsteins?" and Sammy will just say "NO" without even trying. ha.
Today, I realized that Sammy also repeats things he hears from days ago. I was telling Caleb what our week looks like ....here was our conversation:
Me: Tomorrow, Adam & Alex are coming over to play with you and Sam.
Sammy: Ayham HIT HIT Ayham!
Me: Adam hits?
Sammy: Uh huh.
Me: Well, he doesn't hit you, buddy. And he's learning not to hit. Hitting is naughty, right?
Sammy: Uh huh.
Caleb: Well mama, Sammy is right....Adam does hit. He really does.
Me: Well, I know buddy, but he really is getting better, isn't he?
Caleb: Maybe.
Sammy: Ayham HIT HIT Ayham.
Now - Adam is 3 (almost 4). And although he isn't the best behaved kid I've ever met, I don't recall that he has ever laid a finger on Sam....so what Sammy knows is what he hears, and is now repeating every time we mention the name "Adam." great....another eavesdropper in the family.
Caleb has said some cute things today about the baby. We were having our lunch today, and not even talking about the baby and he asked "What day will the baby come out of your belly?" I told him in December, around Sam's Birthday. Then he asked "Is the baby excited to see me?" I assured him that he or she was very excited. Then he asked if he could go in my belly to say "hi" to her. (he refers to the baby as a her/she ALL the time even though we don't yet know the sex). He was quiet for ...about 15 seconds and then asked me how the baby gets food...he was REALLY thinking about things. I told him that the baby gets food when I eat. I was eating a piece of pizza and he said "so the baby is eating pizza right now?" "yes" "wow, that's crazy." "you know, it is actually crazy, buddy." "yeah I know."
You know what else is crazy? His 3 year old brain.


0 Comments:
Post a Comment
<< Home