Return to "Normal"
We have had 3 sick kids the past few days....Sam & Izzy both caught Caleb's cold on Monday. Needless to say, the past few days have not been fun. I've been couped up with 3 crabby sick kids!!
Fortunately, I think the worst is behind us. Caleb & Sam made it all day today w/o a fever (Izzy never had one) and Caleb isnt' coughing as much. I actually think I"ll take him to school tomorrow. The cold hasn't bothered Sam at ALL...even with a fever he wouldn't sit still - - still jumping off the couches and running around like nothing is wrong.
Izzy is doing okay - - she is pretty congested again, but she's still eating, sleeping and making lots of dirty diapers so I'm not terribly concerned. I feel bad for her though...she has been sick 2 times already and she's only 5 weeks old!! Very different for us....I'm used to healthy kids (I really think Sammy has been sick 2 times...and I HARDLY count this week as sick since it hasn't affected him at all!!).
I forgot to mention in my last blog that Izzy had her 1 month appointment...she weighed 9lbs 7 oz....50% for weight. I dont' remember how long she was, but she fell into the 25% for height. She was also very brave after receiving a shot...she screamed for 5 seconds and stopped as soon as I picked her up. Just like her brother Sam...guess I have another toughie on my hands.
Fortunately, I think the worst is behind us. Caleb & Sam made it all day today w/o a fever (Izzy never had one) and Caleb isnt' coughing as much. I actually think I"ll take him to school tomorrow. The cold hasn't bothered Sam at ALL...even with a fever he wouldn't sit still - - still jumping off the couches and running around like nothing is wrong.
Izzy is doing okay - - she is pretty congested again, but she's still eating, sleeping and making lots of dirty diapers so I'm not terribly concerned. I feel bad for her though...she has been sick 2 times already and she's only 5 weeks old!! Very different for us....I'm used to healthy kids (I really think Sammy has been sick 2 times...and I HARDLY count this week as sick since it hasn't affected him at all!!).
I forgot to mention in my last blog that Izzy had her 1 month appointment...she weighed 9lbs 7 oz....50% for weight. I dont' remember how long she was, but she fell into the 25% for height. She was also very brave after receiving a shot...she screamed for 5 seconds and stopped as soon as I picked her up. Just like her brother Sam...guess I have another toughie on my hands.


0 Comments:
Post a Comment
<< Home