Sweet Isabella
Here is our sweet little girl at 2 1/2 weeks. I took this picture today....
It's been awhile since I blogged - - this week has been LONG and a bit tiring. It started on Sunday night (I think it was Sunday..my days are all mixed up) when I had to take Izzy to the hospital. She had been alittle congested for a few days and Justin noticed that night that her lips were not a normal color....kind of greyish/blue. Anyway - she was diagnosed with RSV and the two of us stayed the night in the hospital just to monitor her oxygen levels (which were fine). This was my worst night sleep since my little girl was born, thanks to a RUDE nurse who basically asked me to do her job (she told me to watch her O2 level and if it went under 93% to check her color). So I watched the monitor until about 4am and gave up, assuming that my girl was going to be just fine....and glad that the rude nurse left and was replaced with a much nicer one who was happy to do her job!
Justin and I both figured that Izzy would be released on Monday morning (which she was) so we told my mom to unpack her bags and stay at home...she had done enough for us already the past month. Nicole, the boys favorite babysitter, is home from college, so she came over Monday morning to watch the boys while Justin switched the cars around and picked Izzy and I up. Justin said that Sammy cried when he discovered that his baby sister was not around that morning (note: he didn't cry for me...just his sweet baby sister!! ha!).
Justin stayed home on Tuesday...he drove Caleb to/from preschool and I made sure Sam got alot of attention. Wednesday was the true test....Justin went back to work and left me alone w/ our 3 kids!!! AAAAHHHH!!! It actually wasn't that bad. The boys helped me take Izzy to her doctor's appointment and then we went to Caleb's gymnastics class. The boys were SUPER well behaved at the doctor's appointment (Sammy even recited the ABCs to Dr. Lo) and they must have been inspired b/c ALL afternoon they played "doctor" with their stuffed dogs. It was cute.
Today was another good day w/ all 3 kids. Caleb had preschool and Sam, Izzy & I went grocery shopping and home to play for alittle while. Sammy was an ANGEL in the store - - he was proud to be sitting where Caleb usually does in the cart...he's such a big boy. Check out the pics...I took a few of him today making faces to the camera. He's such a middle child (I can say that since I am one myself).
Caleb has really become my big helper. He has been VERY well behaved the past 2 days with Justin gone...he gets things for me, he picks up toys when I ask him, he just really really tries to help me - he even decided to feed the rabbit when I was feeding Izzy...he opened the cage, took out the dish, cleaned it out and asked me where it's food was (which is when I realized what he was doing!) I'm so proud of him. And Sammy does a great job looking after Isabella...he gets so concerned when she cries and he pays alot of attention to her. He has also surpised me with his behavior...it's alot better than I thought it would be.
Before this crazy crazy week, we had our Christmas with Justin's mom & dad. Ken & Sherri came last Wednesday and stayed until Saturday morning...they were happy to meet little Isabella. The boys had a great time opening more presents and playing with their new toys. They were most excited about their new GeoTrax toys and they basically kept Grandma on the floor in the basment for the rest of their visit...announcing the arrivals and departures of each train!! Poor grandma. Grandma did a good job keeping the boys entertained...and she was able to get her hands on Izzy when the boys were either eating or sleeping. :) ANyway - it was a nice visit and Isabella is looking forward to meeting more family soon!!!
It's been awhile since I blogged - - this week has been LONG and a bit tiring. It started on Sunday night (I think it was Sunday..my days are all mixed up) when I had to take Izzy to the hospital. She had been alittle congested for a few days and Justin noticed that night that her lips were not a normal color....kind of greyish/blue. Anyway - she was diagnosed with RSV and the two of us stayed the night in the hospital just to monitor her oxygen levels (which were fine). This was my worst night sleep since my little girl was born, thanks to a RUDE nurse who basically asked me to do her job (she told me to watch her O2 level and if it went under 93% to check her color). So I watched the monitor until about 4am and gave up, assuming that my girl was going to be just fine....and glad that the rude nurse left and was replaced with a much nicer one who was happy to do her job!
Justin and I both figured that Izzy would be released on Monday morning (which she was) so we told my mom to unpack her bags and stay at home...she had done enough for us already the past month. Nicole, the boys favorite babysitter, is home from college, so she came over Monday morning to watch the boys while Justin switched the cars around and picked Izzy and I up. Justin said that Sammy cried when he discovered that his baby sister was not around that morning (note: he didn't cry for me...just his sweet baby sister!! ha!).
Justin stayed home on Tuesday...he drove Caleb to/from preschool and I made sure Sam got alot of attention. Wednesday was the true test....Justin went back to work and left me alone w/ our 3 kids!!! AAAAHHHH!!! It actually wasn't that bad. The boys helped me take Izzy to her doctor's appointment and then we went to Caleb's gymnastics class. The boys were SUPER well behaved at the doctor's appointment (Sammy even recited the ABCs to Dr. Lo) and they must have been inspired b/c ALL afternoon they played "doctor" with their stuffed dogs. It was cute.
Today was another good day w/ all 3 kids. Caleb had preschool and Sam, Izzy & I went grocery shopping and home to play for alittle while. Sammy was an ANGEL in the store - - he was proud to be sitting where Caleb usually does in the cart...he's such a big boy. Check out the pics...I took a few of him today making faces to the camera. He's such a middle child (I can say that since I am one myself).
Caleb has really become my big helper. He has been VERY well behaved the past 2 days with Justin gone...he gets things for me, he picks up toys when I ask him, he just really really tries to help me - he even decided to feed the rabbit when I was feeding Izzy...he opened the cage, took out the dish, cleaned it out and asked me where it's food was (which is when I realized what he was doing!) I'm so proud of him. And Sammy does a great job looking after Isabella...he gets so concerned when she cries and he pays alot of attention to her. He has also surpised me with his behavior...it's alot better than I thought it would be.
Before this crazy crazy week, we had our Christmas with Justin's mom & dad. Ken & Sherri came last Wednesday and stayed until Saturday morning...they were happy to meet little Isabella. The boys had a great time opening more presents and playing with their new toys. They were most excited about their new GeoTrax toys and they basically kept Grandma on the floor in the basment for the rest of their visit...announcing the arrivals and departures of each train!! Poor grandma. Grandma did a good job keeping the boys entertained...and she was able to get her hands on Izzy when the boys were either eating or sleeping. :) ANyway - it was a nice visit and Isabella is looking forward to meeting more family soon!!!


0 Comments:
Post a Comment
<< Home