Name:
Location: United States

Wednesday, December 03, 2008

Getting Ready for the Holidays

Wow - it has been a long time since I've blogged....things have been so busy..and continue to get even busier...I shouldn't even be blogging right now!

Last week Justin was home all week - - it was so delightful. It was nice to have some help with the boys and the boys were happy to have an extra playmate around. I don't even remember everything we did though - it seems so far away now. Caleb had a great time at his Thanksgiving Day Feast at school on Tuesday while Sam & I enjoyed his gym class. Justin watched Caleb gymnastics class on Wednesday and Caleb was THRILLED to have him there. He was really showing off that day - it was cute. He's so proud of everything he can do in class.

Justin's parents were here from Wed afternoon - Sunday. The boys (well, Caleb anyway) had plenty to show and tell them on Wednesday. His favorite thing to show them was his new chalkboard (Justin painted almost an entire wall w/ chalkboard paint...it looks great). He also had to show them some of his new dance moves - ha. Justin and I pulled off Thanksgiving dinner and later laughed that people spend so much time putting a nice big dinner together and then sit for only 15 minutes to enjoy it (the little ones speed up our dinner alittle..). Oh well - it was worth it.

On Friday, we put up our Christmas tree....and I'm sad to report that it's not a real one (my first fake tree!). Ken & Justin put it up with the "help" of Caleb & Sam. It's a nice tree, but I had to laugh when Caleb walked up to it and smelled it and said "mmmmm, that smells good." I put the fragile ornaments on while the boys were napping, and after they woke up they decorated the bottom of the tree with their ornaments - they both thought it was so fun and they actually did a great job. Apparently, THEY didn't think they did such a great job because they are still rearranging them. ha. Ken & Justin also put up the outdoor lights that day...it was actually a nice day and the boys were able to get some much needed fresh air as well.

On Saturday, we had a quick Costco & Culvers outing to get the boys out of the house...they were starting to get bored and crabby and that usually takes care of the bad moods. Ken & Sherri brought the movie "Tinkerbelle" (sp?) for the boys so we watched that on Saturday for movie night. As usual, Sam only made it through the previews...and I only made it about a quarter of the movie before I finally called it quits and let myself fall asleep. Later that night (at like 8:30) Ken asked why it felt like it was midnight....I laughed and told him it was b/c he was around Caleb & Sam all day. That will do it.

Ken & Sherri left on Sunday morning and we spent the day cleaning and watching 2 disappointing football games. Boo hoo...Vikings in 1st.

The boys have been good so far this week - - they were very excited that their babysitter came on Monday while I had a dr. appointment (again, the doc said I was measuring big....great). Caleb had fun on Tuesday at preschool - - they are starting to talk about Christmas and he had LOTS to tell me on the way home. While Caleb was at preschool, Sam was performing all kinds of stunts at his gym class - - the teacher actually calls him "Sambo". He gave the balance beam a try this week and went right for the highest beam. (sigh) Caleb had gymnastics today and then he had his friend Kennedy come over to play for about an hour. My friend, Darlene (and her daughter Kennedy) picked up all the cookie dough we sold for the school fundraiser and dropped it off today...I was so happy to have the help. I wasn't sure how I was going to carry two big cases of heavy cookie dough from the school while managing both boys. Thank God for friends like that. - - I didn't even have to ask her - she just called and told me that is what she was doing!!

And I am extremely happy to report that this is Justin's LAST WEEKEND AT SCHOOL!!! Yipppeee!! Initially, I was very worried about it b/c he is actually gone Thursday - Sunday and I didn't know how I was going to handle everything on my own (lots of braxton hicks....some days lately have been really bad). Fortunately, my mom is coming to the rescue....she gets here tomorrow and my dad will come on Friday on his way back from a business trip. They will stay through the weekend. The boys and I are very happy about this.

I have so much to get done before the holidays....still have shopping, all my wrapping, Christmas cards, Christmas baking...Justin's graduation weekend, Sam's birthday....and hopefully somewhere in betweeen all this, I'll have this baby! A woman today at gymnastics looked at me (as I was walking slowly and alittle hunched over) and said "it looks like you are due any time now". I told her I was due at the end of the month. "oh, you'll go before that." Now, most people would probably be offended by this (she certainly insinuated that I was big), but I found it encouraging and hope that she is right!!

1 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

What??? You're not excited about the Vikings being in 1st place?? ;o)

6:29 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home