A Better Week
We had a much better week this week (thank goodness)...although the weather has not been great (too cold for me...I'm not used to it yet), the boys have actually been really good. It has also helped that Justin has been home alittle more.
Justin was home from school on Saturday late afternoon. We all enjoyed the movie Caleb picked out that night for movie night - the Tortoise vs. the Hare. Sunday we ran a few errands before the big Bears/Packer game (and for those who didn't see, the Packers dominated - it was great). Justin was home from work Mon/Tues and today. Although he worked during some of this time, it was still nice to have him at home.
As usual, Caleb enjoyed preschool and gymnastics this week. In preschool, the class is preparing for their "Thanksgiving Feast" on Tuesday....they made all sorts of things that Caleb is excited about showing us (necklace, vest, placemat...). They continued talking alot about being thankful for all that we have and helping those who don't have as much. This will continue into December - - each classroom will have "Giving Trees" in the room so we can help families in need during the holidays. Caleb will like this too. Caleb also learned about magnets this week - he has really liked talking about what he discovered about them. He doesn't always talk about what he did in school on the way home, but this week, he explained magnets to me and the experiments they did with them all the way home - he LOVES learning new things and he remembers EVERYTHING. I swear his memory is better than mine. He recites songs he learns that day. When I was one of the helpers during the Halloween Party, they learned a song/story about the pumpkins so I heard the stupid song as many times as Caleb did and when we got home that day, he sat on the chair and recited the entire thing. I seriously couldn't do the same. He also recited "Little Boy Blue" the other day and remembered that Mary was the one who taught him this....when he was like SAM'S AGE! Crazy.
Sammy had a great time this week at his gym class. Although his favorite thing to do there is bouncing on the trampoline and diving into the foamblock pit, he also now enjoys using miniature parallel bars. He gets himself up, pulls his feet up and swings his legs. He loves it (and is really good at it!). He will also hang on "high bars" on his own too...he's so strong. His speech/vocabulary is really great right now too - and can easily speak in full sentences. I really can understand just about everything he says, which makes both our lives easier and less frustrating. He REALLY copies Caleb...in fact, he'll say something and will laugh and say "copy Caleb" b/c he knows it's something Caleb says. He is definitely my silly one.
My doctor's appointment went better this week. The doctor I saw didn't think my baby was "big"...he said it was "right on target". I know they really can't tell for SURE, but I'll go with what the doctor said this week. Caleb & Sam stayed with a babysitter this time...I think it made everyone happier this way - they both love our new babysitter. Sammy is becoming more interested in the baby (or my big belly) and Caleb continues to plan for her. Today as I was making dinner he said "mom, we need to put ribbons in the baby's hair". I thought that was hilarious....I have NEVER mentioned ribbons (nor have I purchased anything for her hair!) so the comment really came out of nowhere.
We have playgroup tomorrow, which both boys will love (and so will I!) and then Caleb and I will finish our "Thankgiving puppets" we are making. ha. Justin is home this weekend and I think we'll try to get alot of stuff done....we are doing major clean-out of closets/cupboards. It gets harder for me each week to do these things so I'm feeling the pressure to get lots done. I just don't know how I'll accomplish anything with 3 little ones around. I guess I'll have to give up my soap opera, huh? Or maybe that's what I'll do during my 3am feedings....
Justin was home from school on Saturday late afternoon. We all enjoyed the movie Caleb picked out that night for movie night - the Tortoise vs. the Hare. Sunday we ran a few errands before the big Bears/Packer game (and for those who didn't see, the Packers dominated - it was great). Justin was home from work Mon/Tues and today. Although he worked during some of this time, it was still nice to have him at home.
As usual, Caleb enjoyed preschool and gymnastics this week. In preschool, the class is preparing for their "Thanksgiving Feast" on Tuesday....they made all sorts of things that Caleb is excited about showing us (necklace, vest, placemat...). They continued talking alot about being thankful for all that we have and helping those who don't have as much. This will continue into December - - each classroom will have "Giving Trees" in the room so we can help families in need during the holidays. Caleb will like this too. Caleb also learned about magnets this week - he has really liked talking about what he discovered about them. He doesn't always talk about what he did in school on the way home, but this week, he explained magnets to me and the experiments they did with them all the way home - he LOVES learning new things and he remembers EVERYTHING. I swear his memory is better than mine. He recites songs he learns that day. When I was one of the helpers during the Halloween Party, they learned a song/story about the pumpkins so I heard the stupid song as many times as Caleb did and when we got home that day, he sat on the chair and recited the entire thing. I seriously couldn't do the same. He also recited "Little Boy Blue" the other day and remembered that Mary was the one who taught him this....when he was like SAM'S AGE! Crazy.
Sammy had a great time this week at his gym class. Although his favorite thing to do there is bouncing on the trampoline and diving into the foamblock pit, he also now enjoys using miniature parallel bars. He gets himself up, pulls his feet up and swings his legs. He loves it (and is really good at it!). He will also hang on "high bars" on his own too...he's so strong. His speech/vocabulary is really great right now too - and can easily speak in full sentences. I really can understand just about everything he says, which makes both our lives easier and less frustrating. He REALLY copies Caleb...in fact, he'll say something and will laugh and say "copy Caleb" b/c he knows it's something Caleb says. He is definitely my silly one.
My doctor's appointment went better this week. The doctor I saw didn't think my baby was "big"...he said it was "right on target". I know they really can't tell for SURE, but I'll go with what the doctor said this week. Caleb & Sam stayed with a babysitter this time...I think it made everyone happier this way - they both love our new babysitter. Sammy is becoming more interested in the baby (or my big belly) and Caleb continues to plan for her. Today as I was making dinner he said "mom, we need to put ribbons in the baby's hair". I thought that was hilarious....I have NEVER mentioned ribbons (nor have I purchased anything for her hair!) so the comment really came out of nowhere.
We have playgroup tomorrow, which both boys will love (and so will I!) and then Caleb and I will finish our "Thankgiving puppets" we are making. ha. Justin is home this weekend and I think we'll try to get alot of stuff done....we are doing major clean-out of closets/cupboards. It gets harder for me each week to do these things so I'm feeling the pressure to get lots done. I just don't know how I'll accomplish anything with 3 little ones around. I guess I'll have to give up my soap opera, huh? Or maybe that's what I'll do during my 3am feedings....

0 Comments:
Post a Comment
<< Home