Name:
Location: United States

Tuesday, October 28, 2008

A Nice Fall Weekend

We had a nice weekend at home....a good mix of being productive and having fun!
Saturday the weather wasn't so great, so we played at home alittle and ran a few errands. The boys and I had movie night (101 Dalmations) that night while Justin enjoyed his big Birthday present - the UFC tournament. He LOVED it. He and 2 of his Kellogg friends met for dinner beforehand and then enjoyed awesome seats (shook hands w/ the fighters...sat next to celebrities) and some good fights.

The weather was beautiful on Sunday morning. We spent alot of time outside. The boys helped daddy w/ the yard work, then I took them for a long walk to collect leaves for a "leaf project". We made a Costo run, ate lunch at Cici's (our favorite) and played outside alittle more before naptime. Caleb & Justin flew a kite and Sam drove around in his little car or pushed his lawn mower. After naptime, Caleb & I did his leaf project and we all carved pumpkins. Actually, Sam wasn't very interested in the pumpkins - he didn't like the gooey inside, so he stayed away. Caleb really got into it...and he drew the face on his pumpkin (though he copied his trick-or-treat bucket, so it wasn't as original as the one he drew in Minneapolis....he still did a great job). Caleb helped me separate the seeds, so I seasoned & toasted them yesterday. Yum.

We have a pretty busy week. Caleb had a "make up" gymnastics class yesterday and then both boys helped me go through their toys in the afternoon. We filled a big bin of toys they no longer play with and just organized the rest. Today, Caleb had preschool - - he learned about being thankful for things. At lunch today he asked me if I knew that there were some kids who don't have any food. I've told him this before, but apparently it only "sticks" if it comes from Mrs. Beane. :) They have also been learning about the food groups and the importance of eating healthy. Sammy had gym class today - - he wore himself out. He even told me in the car that he was tired. ha. When we picked Caleb up from school, he immediately hugged him and said "missed you Caleb"....so cute. He usually says that to Justin when he gets home from work, but it was cute that he told Caleb today at school. Tomorrow is another gymnastics class for Caleb and Thursday he has a big Halloween Party at school and I am volunteering so I get to be in his class all day - yipeee!! Sammy gets to have daddy all to himself that morning, which for him is the greatest treat.
Friday, 3 of my girlfriends are coming over w/ their boys (all playgroup friends)...Caleb will be happy to play w/ Logan, Adam and Will again and Sam will be happy to see Aiden and follow the older boys around. I'll be happy to have the company. Justin is in school on Friday/Sat, so I'll be taking both boys trick-or-treating later that afternoon. At least the weather is supposed to be nice.

I have exactly 2 months to go w/ this pregnancy. Physically, I feel like I only have 1 month left. Tonight Caleb was asking me questions about it ....
Caleb: I'm excited for the baby to come out of your belly, mommy.
Me: ooooh me too buddy, me too.
Justin: (laughs)
Caleb: Will it come out of your teeth?
Me: I hope not.
Caleb: Will it come out from under your legs?
Me: Yeah, kind of......(I pause to see if he is going to probe on this)

He's too young to explain all this to, right? His second guess was actually a very good one and we've never talked about it before. He is really good about being careful with my belly and he's also really aware of me lifting heavy things. The other day at the grocery store, he wanted out of the cart, but said "oooh, but the baby...you shouldn't carry me b/c of the baby" I assured him that it was okay for me to lift him just for a second. What a sweet boy. Sam is aware of the baby as well. He actually shocked me when we were at my mom's house last weekend. Hanging on the door of the room he sleeps in were a few cute baby girl outfits my mom bought. Sammy pointed to them and said "baby sister?" I smiled and told him that he was right - those were for his baby sister. I think he's going to be just as smart as his older brother...

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home