Name:
Location: United States

Thursday, September 11, 2008

Time With Sam

Sammy and I had our first gym class together on Tuesday. He LOVED it. I took Caleb to the same class at that age, but I think Sammy enjoys it more (even on his 1st day!). He climbed on mats, ran around, jumped on a trampoline (it's like a trampoline floor...you can't fall off of it) and enjoyed diving into a pit of big foam blocks. He had a HUGE smile on his face the entire time. The foam pit and trampoline were by far his favorite things to do. One of the moms commented on how well he jumps. I told her he has alot of practice at home with his older brother...on our furniture. (he is a really good jumper though and jumped VERY early). Anyway - he is taking that class w/ 2 other friends of his - Alex & Aiden (from playgroup). It was so fun to take him there. All the way there though he said "caba peeschool" "yes, buddy - caleb is in preschool" "caba peeschool"...he did not stop until we were at the gym and then he didn't mention it. He was excited to pick him up from preschool though.

Today, after dropping Caleb off at school Sam & I ran a few errands and found a park near the preschool and we had a snack. I didn't want to run errands during my alone time w/ him, but I really needed a few things before the wknd. He didn't seem to mind and I promised him more outside time after lunch.

Caleb is just loving both preschool and gymastics. On Tuesday when we picked him up, he needed to go to the bathroom as we were leaving and the teacher told him he could use it before we left (there is a bathroom attached to the classroom...very nice). All the kids had gone so I had the teacher all to myself. I asked if he talked too much (which was a big concern of mine...not letting other kids talk!) and she said "NO, not at all. He's actually doing great - he plays with everything, he plays with everyone and he talks, which for me is great. Especially in the beginning of the school year, kids are shy and never want to answer my questions but Caleb has an answer every time and loves to interact with me and other kids. It's really great." I asked if he lets other kids answer questions/get a turn talking and she said that he does and if he wants to keep giving answers to her question, she'll just say "those are great answers, let's give someone else a turn now, okay?" and he is fine. She said it's so much better than kids staring back at her and not saying anything. I was glad to hear he was doing so well. Each day when I ask Caleb who he played with, he always answers "Everyone!" and now I know it's true. He is sooo social.

When we got in the car today he said "I have a suprise for you!!" He sure did...a really cute painting. They were learning about mixing yellow and red to get orange, so it's a nice painting w/ those 3 colors. Painting is his favorite thing to do, I think. He was also excited today b/c they sang a song in music class that he already knew from the music class we used to take. He thought that was really cool. He also told me the prayer they say before they eat their snack. After giving me full details of his day he asked if he could go to preschool every day. Guess I need to work on new activities, huh?

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home