Caleb the Climber
I love this picture of Caleb...he's so proud of himself. I loved watching him climb on this thing the other day - - he was so determined to get to the top (he even put his leg on that blue pole where his hands are until I shouted "Caleb NO!!"
So yesterday was Caleb's 1st day of Gymnastics Class. He has insisted on taking this class since our neighbor's (Isaac) Birthday Party. He had it at this cool gymastics facility that's not even 5 minutes away from our house. Caleb had talked about that party forever and asked if he could take gymastics class too...like Isaac. Of course, I gave in. This facility is GREAT - they have a big "viewing area" with tables and chairs and then a playroom for younger siblings. Caleb was soooo excited when we got there. He was happy to wave goodbye to Sam and me and follow the other kids into the gym for their hour class. He would occassionally look over to us after he did something cool and smile proudly (and sometimes wave). It was adorable. He did well for his 1st day (and it was clearly not the 1st day for some of the other kids)...he did great on the trampoline, rings and bars. He needs alittle help in the tumbling department (his somersaults were hilarious).
Poor Sam...he was devastated that Caleb left him to hang out with me while he was able to run around and climb on cool equipment. Yogurt covered raisins didn't even make him feel better. I tried telling him that when Caleb was in school that he and I would take a gym class together, but that still didn't help (probably b/c that meant he was once again stuck w/ me and not Caleb). The playroom at the facility is what finally did the trick.
The boys haven't seen Justin all week. He has left early and returned late b/c of training and tonight he has one of his fantasy football league drafts. Caleb has been asking about his daddy alot (and has talked to him on the phone a few times) - he is very excited about seeing him tomorrow and then going to his "new" friend Jack's Birthday party this weekend. These two things are keeping him happy. Sammy was very difficult today and I attribute that to teething and missing Justin...although he is STILL asking if "Gama coming back?" and when I say "Not today buddy" he asks "Kay coming back?" "no buddy...not today." He seriously asks about them at least 3 times a day. I think I need them back!!
So yesterday was Caleb's 1st day of Gymnastics Class. He has insisted on taking this class since our neighbor's (Isaac) Birthday Party. He had it at this cool gymastics facility that's not even 5 minutes away from our house. Caleb had talked about that party forever and asked if he could take gymastics class too...like Isaac. Of course, I gave in. This facility is GREAT - they have a big "viewing area" with tables and chairs and then a playroom for younger siblings. Caleb was soooo excited when we got there. He was happy to wave goodbye to Sam and me and follow the other kids into the gym for their hour class. He would occassionally look over to us after he did something cool and smile proudly (and sometimes wave). It was adorable. He did well for his 1st day (and it was clearly not the 1st day for some of the other kids)...he did great on the trampoline, rings and bars. He needs alittle help in the tumbling department (his somersaults were hilarious).
Poor Sam...he was devastated that Caleb left him to hang out with me while he was able to run around and climb on cool equipment. Yogurt covered raisins didn't even make him feel better. I tried telling him that when Caleb was in school that he and I would take a gym class together, but that still didn't help (probably b/c that meant he was once again stuck w/ me and not Caleb). The playroom at the facility is what finally did the trick.
The boys haven't seen Justin all week. He has left early and returned late b/c of training and tonight he has one of his fantasy football league drafts. Caleb has been asking about his daddy alot (and has talked to him on the phone a few times) - he is very excited about seeing him tomorrow and then going to his "new" friend Jack's Birthday party this weekend. These two things are keeping him happy. Sammy was very difficult today and I attribute that to teething and missing Justin...although he is STILL asking if "Gama coming back?" and when I say "Not today buddy" he asks "Kay coming back?" "no buddy...not today." He seriously asks about them at least 3 times a day. I think I need them back!!


0 Comments:
Post a Comment
<< Home