Name:
Location: United States

Monday, August 25, 2008

A Weekend With Friends

The boys were pretty social this weekend. Most of you know that Caleb LOVES being around other kids and REALLY loves going to parties (especially birthday parties) and Sammy is quickly following in his brother's footsteps. He really enjoyed our "social" weekend.

On Saturday, we went to the Oblon Girls (twins) 4th Birthday party. Caleb had been talking about this all week and was so ready to celebrate when we arrived. He introduced himself to a boy (Jack) he didn't know (or remember anyway...it had been a year). He & Jack played alot together and Sam did his best to keep up. Caleb was absolutely thrilled to find out that we are going to Jack's Birthday party this coming weekend....especially since he thought his "new friend" was so cool. Caleb & Sam both enjoyed eating outside w/ all their friends, playing outdoors with new toys, and watching Alex & Skylar open their presents. We knew they played very hard when Sammy came up to me at about 7:45 and told me he wanted his milk & crib.

Sunday I took the boys on a few errands while Justin did some preparation work for training he is in this week. After errands and a nice nap, the Eloe's came over for dinner. Once again, Sammy tried hard to keep up with Adam & Caleb. Adam's younger brother Alex is a few months older than Sam, but Sammy is more interested in the older boys (again....just like his older brother...wanting to hang out w/ older kids). The weather was beautiful...we grilled out, ate outside and the boys played VERY hard....I seriously think they were running non-stop from about 4:00 - 8:00 (they took a 10 minute break to eat dinner though). Anyway - it was a really nice night - we all had a great time.

I should mention the doctor's appointment I had on Friday...not b/c there is anything to report on me or the baby, but b/c Caleb was hilarious. First, he entertained (and possibly irritated) everyone in the waiting room. He seriously talked non-stop to anyone who would listen. The funniest conversation he had in the waiting room was with some dad...after about 5 minutes of talking about fish (there is an aquarium there):
Caleb: well, this is my younger brother Sam. He's alittle bit naughty sometimes (the guy laughs, along w/ a few pregnant women sitting nearby)
Dad: Oh yeah?
Caleb: Yeah, and this is my mommy (he already introduced Justin).
Dad: That's your mom, huh?
Caleb: Yeah. There is a baby in her belly.
Dad: Oh, well that's pretty cool.
Caleb: Yeah, when the baby gets bigger, it will turn into a girl.
Dad: When will it turn into a girl? How old will she be? (smiling)
Caleb: Ummm, well, first my mommy has to eat lots and lots b/c that's how the baby gets food. Then it will just turn into a girl!!

This conversation didn't end until the nurse called my name. Poor guy.

But the funniest thing Caleb said was during my appointment. He & Sam were sitting nicely with Justin and the doctor asked them if they wanted to hear the baby's heartbeat. Caleb enthusiastically said "YES". She finds the heartbeat and she says "can you hear that?" Caleb's response "yeah...well, I think I hear a dog barking." (pause) "there must be a doggie in there!!!". We were all laughing so hard, but Caleb thought it seemed perfectly logical. Even Sammy was laughing (he thinks he needs to laugh hard when everyone else is).

Sammy continues to make us laugh as well. He is starting to introduce himself to random people...he points to himself and says "Sam Sam Sam". He was pretty protective of his brother in the waiting room the other day...a little girl sat down on a chair that Caleb had been sitting on and he yelled "Caba chair, caba chair!!" Caleb didn't mind...he was too busy talking to even notice. I thought it was cute that he was protecting his chair though...what a good brother.

Sam's memory is amazing to me. I put in a CD from a music class we had in the winter. He heard the first few notes of one song and shouted out "doggie song" and he remembered the hand motions to other songs. I was shocked. He was so young when he took that winter class! He also got out a pair of my sneakers the other day and said "Gama's shoes". I told him they were mine and he shook his head and said "no, gama's shoes." He kept repeating this and then he wanted to wear "gama's shoes". As I was putting them on him, I vaguely remembered that my mom did have the same pair of Adidas as me. When I last talked to her I confirmed this was true. So weird. He remembers her shoes better than me...and I LOVE SHOES!!! Scary. But not as scary as having a doggie in my belly....

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home