Name:
Location: United States

Monday, September 01, 2008

On the Run

This is Sammy's usual pace - running, not walking...and certainly not sitting...well, unless there is food around, and even then he has a hard time sitting still. He is so happy to run, but he manages to fall just about every day - he goes too fast. I think there will be a scab on his knees until it's time to wear jeans - he keeps breaking them open with another fall. It doesn't bother him a bit...he doesn't even realize he's bleeding.

We had a really nice long weekend. Since Justin hadn't seen the boys all week, he stayed home from work on Friday. We went to the park and the boys showed him all their "tricks". They both were shouting "daddy, watch this" - it was cute. The boys also found a big hill to run down. As you can see, Sammy loved it. After climbing on everything at the park and running down the hill a dozen times, we went to a fun pizza place for lunch. It's our favorite place to eat....it's a buffet of all kinds of pizza/pasta/salad...and the BEST desserts. But the best part about it is that kids eat free. No, actually the desserts are the best part, but free all you can eat for kids is not bad. :) And the boys definitely worked up an appetite at the park - they both ate ALOT. Friday evening was beautiful - - we grilled out and ate outside. The boys always enjoy that.

Saturday we were supposed to go to a get-together at one of my friend's house, but that didn't end up happening (noone could go at the last minute). We actually ended up having a very productive day. I started going through the boys closets, I cleaned out the pantry and a few cupboards and Justin spent time working on a new project too. We also managed to go for a walk, play on the swingset and ride bikes.

Sunday was hot...we ran errands, played inside and had an early naptime so we were all ready for Jack's 4th Birthday Party. Caleb was soooo excited about this party - he had been telling everyone about it. It's too bad we dont' live closer to the Bartholomew's b/c Caleb & Jack play together sooo nicely. They quickly reacquainted, and spent the entire time playing together. And despite the fact that there were about 40 people there, Jack decided he wanted to eat his dinner next to Caleb. It was really cute. After dinner, Jack changed into his Superman outfit and handed out Superman capes to all his other friends and cousins....and at one point, I think there were about 8 or 9 boys dressed in Superman running around the backyard, following Jack (with Caleb right behind). It was the funniest thing. Sam enjoyed running, but couldn't be bothered with the cape. Caleb thought it was very cool ...even though he has no idea who Superman is. hahaha. After the Superman Run, they all took a turn hitting the Superman pinata, which was a first for Caleb and Sam. The boys did a good job swinging at it (though I thought Sam would've crushed it...he was actually alittle timid). Jack finally broke it and Caleb & Sam both LOVED filling their bags with candy. Of course they both enjoyed cake & ice cream and Caleb was very happy to help sing "happy birthday" to Jack (see pics...he is seriously the best sport at other kids Birthday parties - he is sooo excited for them). At the party, there was also a woman painting tatoos and making balloon characters....Sam wasn't interested, but Caleb was. The weirdest thing was that this woman was at Navy Pier a few months ago at a McKinsey function and after she put a tattoo on Caleb, he said "I know you are from downtown Chicago. I saw you there before." She looked at me with a surprised look and I said "you were at Navy Pier for a company event a few months ago - he remembers you." "wow". I recognized her too, but thought it was odd that he would remember someone he met for about 3 minutes!

Today I asked him what his favorite part of the Birthday party was...he said "well, I have two favorite parts. I liked being a superhero and running with my cape and I also like getting all that candy." Good favorites.

I finished cleaning out the closets today and getting all of Sam's clothes into his new room. While I did this, Justin took the boys for a walk/bike ride to the park. They played outside this afternoon as well and are hopefully sound asleep now.

So tomorrow is the big day - Caleb's 1st day of preschool. I won't be sad tomorrow b/c Justin & I are going with him and spending his "school day" with him. I'll actually be sad for Sam tomorrow b/c the 3 of us are leaving him home w/ the babysitter. Poor guy. Thursday I'll be sad for everyone...for Caleb (if he's nervous to be alone in school) for me (because I'm used to having him with me all the time...and I actually enjoy it) for Sam (because that's his best friend) and for Justin, b/c he is "devasted" by this. hahaha. I know it's all alittle dramatic....I mean, he is only in school 2 days a week for 2.5 hours!! But, he's our big boy now....off to school. I'll keep you posted on how everyone is doing. :)

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home