Conversations With My Boys
So Caleb had gymnastics class today. He did even better today...probably more comfortable/relaxed. He had a blast again and when we got home and were eating lunch I asked him about his coaches.
Me: There was a new coach today. Did you like him?
Caleb: Yeah.
Me: Did he tell you his name?
Caleb: Yep, Coach Ashley.
Me: The guy's name is Ashley?
Caleb: No, COACH Ashley.
Me: Oh, I'm sorry - coach Ashley. That was the GUY coach?
Caleb: Yes. He was wearing the black and yellow shirt.
Me: Yeah.
Caleb: And he came in alittle late...after we got started.
Me: (thinking how perceptive that was): Okay, so you like Ashley?
Caleb: COACH Ashley!!
Me: Oh, I"m sorry - yes COACH Ashley.
Caleb: Yes, I like him
And after a few minutes:
Caleb: Mom, do I have a Reach toothbrush?
Me: A REACH toothbrush?
Caleb: Yes - a Reach toothbrush.
Me: (laughing) well, I'm not sure. I don't think so.
Caleb: Well, I need one because they are easier to use.
Me: Oh yeah? How did you hear about this?
Caleb: On a commercial.
Me: Guess that commerical worked, huh?
Caleb: Yeah, I'd like to have a Reach toothbrush.
And at dinner tonight (Justin wasn't there)...I got up to get more rice and as I was getting it I heard Sammy laughing:
Caleb: Sammy, that is not funny
Sammy: (laughing)
Caleb: Sammy, that is not funny - that is naughty
Sammy. uh huh.
Caleb: Sammy, you are not supposed to throw food.
Me (after I see the huge mess of rice on the floor...and an empty bowl in front of Sam): SAMMY, you do NOT throw food. That is naughty.
Sammy: Naughty?
Me: Yes, that is naughty. Mommy is not happy with you.
Sammy: Sammy did NOT frow food.
Caleb: Yes he did, mom.
Me: Caleb, I can take care of this. Sammy. I think you did throw your food and that is naughty.
Sammy: Did not frow food.
Me: (giving him a "look") Sammy....
Sammy: (folds his arms and looking at me with an angry look) HMMMMMMM.
Me: You shouldn't be mad at me, buddy.
Sammy: Hmmmmmmm. (pause) more rice please?
There is never a dull moment around there....
Me: There was a new coach today. Did you like him?
Caleb: Yeah.
Me: Did he tell you his name?
Caleb: Yep, Coach Ashley.
Me: The guy's name is Ashley?
Caleb: No, COACH Ashley.
Me: Oh, I'm sorry - coach Ashley. That was the GUY coach?
Caleb: Yes. He was wearing the black and yellow shirt.
Me: Yeah.
Caleb: And he came in alittle late...after we got started.
Me: (thinking how perceptive that was): Okay, so you like Ashley?
Caleb: COACH Ashley!!
Me: Oh, I"m sorry - yes COACH Ashley.
Caleb: Yes, I like him
And after a few minutes:
Caleb: Mom, do I have a Reach toothbrush?
Me: A REACH toothbrush?
Caleb: Yes - a Reach toothbrush.
Me: (laughing) well, I'm not sure. I don't think so.
Caleb: Well, I need one because they are easier to use.
Me: Oh yeah? How did you hear about this?
Caleb: On a commercial.
Me: Guess that commerical worked, huh?
Caleb: Yeah, I'd like to have a Reach toothbrush.
And at dinner tonight (Justin wasn't there)...I got up to get more rice and as I was getting it I heard Sammy laughing:
Caleb: Sammy, that is not funny
Sammy: (laughing)
Caleb: Sammy, that is not funny - that is naughty
Sammy. uh huh.
Caleb: Sammy, you are not supposed to throw food.
Me (after I see the huge mess of rice on the floor...and an empty bowl in front of Sam): SAMMY, you do NOT throw food. That is naughty.
Sammy: Naughty?
Me: Yes, that is naughty. Mommy is not happy with you.
Sammy: Sammy did NOT frow food.
Caleb: Yes he did, mom.
Me: Caleb, I can take care of this. Sammy. I think you did throw your food and that is naughty.
Sammy: Did not frow food.
Me: (giving him a "look") Sammy....
Sammy: (folds his arms and looking at me with an angry look) HMMMMMMM.
Me: You shouldn't be mad at me, buddy.
Sammy: Hmmmmmmm. (pause) more rice please?
There is never a dull moment around there....


0 Comments:
Post a Comment
<< Home