Name:
Location: United States

Tuesday, September 02, 2008

Caleb's 1st Day of Preschool

So we all survived day 1 of preschool, but it was a pretty easy 1st day since Justin and I were both there with Caleb the whole time! Made it easier on all 3 of us! HA!

Caleb made friends very quickly - I think a boy named Blake will be one of his buddies - they even hugged each other after class! Caleb was his usual friendly self ...he'd go up to people (both kids and their parents) and say "oh hi" and then tell them something. Justin said he heard him tell one boy "oh, you can play with this too."..already quick to share and want to play with other kids. He was very social - which didn't suprise me at all.

I think we are going to like his teacher - Mrs. Beane. She is young, energetic and you can tell she really loves these kids. Although his class only meets 2 days a week...and for 2.5 hours, they really seem to do alot in that time and it's very organized/structured. They either have music class or "movement" (outside play equipment...or a nice indoor HUGE gym full of kids slides/tunnels/balls/etc). They have time for art, learning,reading, snacks, and their own playtime They also have 10 minutes of religion every class, which I think is great. It's a Christian school, which means they have a clearly stated "CHRISTMAS program" - whoo hooo!! His class has 5 girls and 4 other boys - all the kids seem sweet (I couldn't even tell who the "trouble maker" would be!) and the moms and dads all seemed really nice - and normal (ha) too.

The school is also very secure, which is one of the reasons Caleb is going there. You have to be buzzed in the front door (all other doors are locked) and since the classrooms are so small, the teacher knows all the moms and if someone other than me needs to pick Caleb up, I need to let the teacher know that day and they need to show the teacher identification. There is also a list of 3 people that are currently even allowed to pick him up! This means I walk Caleb to class and from class, which I love (alot of preschools around here have curb-side pick-up...mom's don't even get out of the car...I could never do that!!). I think there are about 10 other classrooms in the place - maybe more. It's a really really nice facility. I think Caleb is going to love it.

Sammy did great with the new babysitter...they played in the backyard for the majority of the time and he was as happy as could be when we returned. Next Tuesday, he and I will take a gym class together - I'm really looking forward to that. Not sure what we'll do this Thursday when Caleb is in preschool....maybe head to a park and have snacks outside. It will be nice to give him all my attention for alittle while.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home