Name:
Location: United States

Thursday, September 18, 2008

Busy Week

The boys have been pretty busy this week...and fortunately the weather has been great so they have also been well behaved.

Sammy is getting to be a VERY independent little guy. He really thinks he needs to do everything by himself - just like Caleb. He wants to put his shoes on by himself, take his clothes off for baths by himself, get in the carseat by himself - everything Caleb can do on his own, Sammy thinks he should do on his own. I even caught him the other day trying to change his own diaper. He was in our front room all by himself and he had taken the changing mat, wipes and a clean diaper and he was lying down on the changing mat with his pants off (diaper still on though) wiping his bum (well, his diaper). It was hilarious. He doesn't like help with anything - - his most popular word is "myself", and he says it alot to tell me/Justin that he wants to do something by himself.

He is really getting to be an excellent talker. I can understand just about everything he says and he can use complete sentences. He is starting to memorize books of his and I love listening to him "read" them - it's really cute. He also is understanding the "rules" of playing. Not that he follows them, but he gets them. ha. This is a conversation we have at least 5 times a day after he tries to take something away from Caleb.

Me or Caleb: No Sammy, Caleb is playing with that.
Sammy: Sammy had it first.
Me or Caleb: No, Caleb had it first.
Sammy: Take turns?
Me: yes, we take turns.
Sammy: Sammys turn.
Me: Not yet, but you'll get a turn soon.

There is also a new way of predicting that Sam is about to do something naughty. He does an excited shake (almost looks like he's shivering) and wears the BIGGEST smile. If you see this, he is about 5 seconds away from getting into trouble. ha.

This week, Sam & I enjoyed our gym class together. I need to take my camera next time b/c he looks so incredibly happy when he's bouncing on the trampoline and into the pit of foam blocks. It's adorable. We also enjoyed hanging out today at the park while Caleb was in school.

Caleb had a great week at school. On Tuesday a mom came up to me as I was just leaving the classroom and she asked if Caleb was my son. I said "yes" and she said "oh, well Anthony has been talking about Caleb all weekend and he was just telling me in the car that he really wanted to play with Caleb." I told the little boy that Caleb was already in the classroom ready to play and he looked so excited. It was really cute...and very nice to hear. Today, it was Caleb's turn to take a snack for the class and to bring something for Show and Tell. The letter of the week is "W" so he brought his little Wall-E and he wore his Wall-E shirt. He was very excited - - in fact, when I dropped him off today, I heard him tell Mrs. Beane "oooh, I have a suprise for you in my backpack!!" He looked so proud coming out of the room today - he always comes out with a HUGE smile on his face and he gives both Sam and I a big hug. (he kisses us both when we drop him off in the morning...watching Caleb & Sam say goodbye in the morning is adorable - they hug and kiss each other).

Caleb doesn't say too much about preschool right away - - he likes to tell me things gradually, but he share ALOT about what he learned and what he did/played with. Today, after naptime he was eating a snack at the table. I handed him his water and he said "oh, thank you mama"...which prompted this conversation:

Caleb: mom, I got to pass out the cups today at preschool.
Me: You did? That is cool. was that fun?
Caleb: YES! But noone said "thank you" when I gave them their cup.
Me: Oh, well they should've said "thank you" right?
Caleb: Yes, so I didn't tell anyone "you're welcome".
Me: hmmmm. well, that's okay.
Caleb: Then Mrs Beane said "you should all tell Caleb 'thank you'"
Me: And did they?
Caleb: Yep.
Me: Do you say 'thank you' when other kids give you a cup at snacktime?
Caleb: YES! I'm a good boy, mommy!!

He seemed bothered that noone had good manners, which I think is so funny. He gets really mad when people don't say "bless you" after he sneezes too. Ha!

He brought home another painting today (this week, learning that yellow & blue make green) and he also brought home...homework!! We had to read a book, answer one question and then draw a picture. After baths tonight he kept telling me that he wanted to do his homework, so we already took care of it. ha!! Silly kid.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home