Rainy Weekend
Caleb & Sam had a rough weekend, despite the fact that grandma & granddad came to visit. It rained the ENTIRE weekend...from Friday morning until Sunday afternoon (and even alittle this morning). This does not go over well with our boys b/c they are SO used to getting outside...running around, riding bikes, playing with friends and just getting some fresh air.
Justin's parents arrived Friday afternoon and stayed until the Colts game was over on Sunday. The weather was bad so we really didn't do anything I orginally wanted to do. Our only "outing" was a trip to Blockbuster to get a movie for "movie night" and lunch at our favorite pizza place. Caleb picked out "Over the Hedge" which he ended up really enjoying (me too!). But by Sunday, I had to take the boys to the basement (change of scenary) and get out toys we don't normally play with...things I actually keep for rainy days. That seemed to improve their moods for about an hour. ha. Caleb talked alot about his preschool and showed off his "gymnastics moves" to his grandparents. Sam got himself into alot of trouble climbing on and jumping off furniture and destroying anything Caleb was playing with. I hate rainy days now...I used to enjoy them.
Today they were better, but still not back to normal. After my 3 boys took me to my doctor's appointment, we spent some time outside - FINALLY. That helped the moods alot (mine too actually). The boys helped with the lawn, played on their swingset, and rode bikes with the neighbors. Caleb was also excited to get mail from Aunt Amy today. He literally dropped his weedwacker and ran over to me when I told him he had mail from her. I had to read the card twice to him (it was about how proud they were that he was in school) and he and Sam both enjoyed cool stickers she sent. That helped with the mood too. Good timing, Amy.
The best part of their day was a birthday party for the triplets. It was at Chucky Cheese (which I have never been to before)....Caleb had a blast and was very happy to see his friend Jack there. They climbed through the big maze/play equipment together and had fun playing games. Sam wasn't so sure of the place when we first arrived. It took him awhile to warm up to it, but when he did, he had fun playing the driving games (whether or not there was a token in the game). He enjoyed the pizza and cake more than anything though. Caleb's favorite was the virtual roller coaster. Sam wasn't a fan (I took the picture right away and then Sam was finished), but Caleb wanted to ride it over and over. During the second ride, Justin said that he was getting alittle sick. We asked Caleb if he felt okay and he looked at us like we were crazy and said "YES!!" After the ride we asked him if he felt sick "No, I'm not sick. I want to ride it again!!". Poor Justin rode it again (the ride would've made me sick). I think Aunt Amy may have to take him to the amusement parks from now on (she has always loved roller coasters)...Justin and I won't be able to handle it.
Justin's parents arrived Friday afternoon and stayed until the Colts game was over on Sunday. The weather was bad so we really didn't do anything I orginally wanted to do. Our only "outing" was a trip to Blockbuster to get a movie for "movie night" and lunch at our favorite pizza place. Caleb picked out "Over the Hedge" which he ended up really enjoying (me too!). But by Sunday, I had to take the boys to the basement (change of scenary) and get out toys we don't normally play with...things I actually keep for rainy days. That seemed to improve their moods for about an hour. ha. Caleb talked alot about his preschool and showed off his "gymnastics moves" to his grandparents. Sam got himself into alot of trouble climbing on and jumping off furniture and destroying anything Caleb was playing with. I hate rainy days now...I used to enjoy them.
Today they were better, but still not back to normal. After my 3 boys took me to my doctor's appointment, we spent some time outside - FINALLY. That helped the moods alot (mine too actually). The boys helped with the lawn, played on their swingset, and rode bikes with the neighbors. Caleb was also excited to get mail from Aunt Amy today. He literally dropped his weedwacker and ran over to me when I told him he had mail from her. I had to read the card twice to him (it was about how proud they were that he was in school) and he and Sam both enjoyed cool stickers she sent. That helped with the mood too. Good timing, Amy.
The best part of their day was a birthday party for the triplets. It was at Chucky Cheese (which I have never been to before)....Caleb had a blast and was very happy to see his friend Jack there. They climbed through the big maze/play equipment together and had fun playing games. Sam wasn't so sure of the place when we first arrived. It took him awhile to warm up to it, but when he did, he had fun playing the driving games (whether or not there was a token in the game). He enjoyed the pizza and cake more than anything though. Caleb's favorite was the virtual roller coaster. Sam wasn't a fan (I took the picture right away and then Sam was finished), but Caleb wanted to ride it over and over. During the second ride, Justin said that he was getting alittle sick. We asked Caleb if he felt okay and he looked at us like we were crazy and said "YES!!" After the ride we asked him if he felt sick "No, I'm not sick. I want to ride it again!!". Poor Justin rode it again (the ride would've made me sick). I think Aunt Amy may have to take him to the amusement parks from now on (she has always loved roller coasters)...Justin and I won't be able to handle it.


0 Comments:
Post a Comment
<< Home