Name:
Location: United States

Tuesday, October 21, 2008

A Fun Fall Weekend in Wisconsin


The Boys
Originally uploaded by Justin and Kelly Webb
I made my final escape from Illinois this past weekend (dr says no more travel). Justin had school Fri/Sat and then a Bears game on Sunday so the boys and I headed to Wisconsin after Caleb's preschool on Thursday. They were very excited.

The boys were happy to see all their toys at grandma's again...they kept grandma very busy that afternoon. They were excited to see grandpa when he got home from work and were happier yet after Amy & Calian came over for dinner.

Friday, I took the boys to watch grandma play tennis - they LOVED it. She didn't have a match, just a tennis lesson, but they still clapped and cheered her on. ha! They both wanted to go play tennis (especially Sam...he kept repeating "Sammy play tennis too!") and Sammy is still talking about grandma playing tennis and that he wants to play. By the way, I don't think my volleys were ever as good as grandma's are now. I couldn't believe how hard these "grandma's" could hit the tennis ball!! :) We only watched the last 10 minutes of her lesson, and afterwards the boys met some of the nice ladies on grandma's team. Sammy showed off for them by jumping and running around and Caleb talked and talked. He told them all that they were his favorite people and he blew them all kisses to keep (my social boy is turning into a flirt). The boys worked up an appetite w/ all the flirting, so we all snacked on popcorn. Casey and Amy came over for dinner on Friday night and the boys were happy to have the family around. Amy was suckered into reading lots of long books to Caleb for bedtime. ha.

Saturday was beautiful. Amy, Dave, Calian & Brayden came over in the morning and we all headed outside to play in all the leaves. I took alot of pics...they were all having such a good time. Sammy wasn't as interested in diving into the leaves...he was more into raking them or driving the big wheel or fire truck around. Caleb loves the leaves...he dives head first into them, likes to be thrown in them and be completely covered up in them. And I think Calian & Brayden had just as much fun in the leaves as Caleb. :) We all headed to Culvers for lunch and met Casey there - - and from there we went to Brayden's soccer game. Casey & Dave coach his team...I took a pic of them, but all my pics of Brayden were blurry...he must run too fast (and I still have to read my camera manual) - anyway - Sorry Brayden. I'll get better pics next time. Brayden's team destroyed their opponents, and Caleb enjoyed cheering him on (as well as talking to random people in the stands). Sammy slept the first half (grandma stayed with him in the car) and then had fun walking around, kicking a soccer ball and watching his cousin play. We were back outside playing after naptime...Caleb also helped grandpa put up Halloween lights and feed the birds. The boys had no problems going to sleep that night. :)

Sunday was another beautiful day. We spent alot of time outside again...playing in the leaves, riding big wheels, etc. We headed back to Illinois about 1:00. Sammy took a nice little nap in the car, but when he woke up he cried and yelled that he wanted "GAMA'S HOUSE!!". Caleb and I both tried telling him that we were going home b/c Daddy wanted to see us, but he still demanded that I turn the car around and go "back to gama's house". poor kid. He was once again attached to grandma...never did I have to change a diaper b/c grandma was the only one he'd allow to do it (although he did request Calian one time - hahahaha).

Justin was late getting home from the Bears game but he was still able to spend alittle time with the boys, which made them very happy. We had a rough Monday (it was rainy and they didn't want to be in the house with just me around), but today was better with the distraction of preschool for Caleb & gym class for Sam. They also had their friends Adam & Alex come over after naptime, which made them both very happy (and me...I got to see my friend Lisa!). The 4 of them play really nicely together. Since I can't escape from Illinois anymore, I must find more things for us to do around here and make more playdates so the boys are happy and I stay sane!!

1 Comments:

Blogger Jennifer Webb said...

The photo of Caleb and Sam in the leaves (Cute Cute Boys!) is adorable!!!! Now you are homebound until you push my niece out of you :-) Talk to you soon. Aunt Jenny

1:40 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home