Weekend With Family
We had a nice long weekend with Chris's Family. Caleb had been talking all week about his cousin Alex coming. We had playgroup here on Friday (yes, I"m crazy...8 boys ages 2-4 at my house!!) and that was all he was talking about. He had so much to show Alex and he was happy to have a playmate around ALL weekend.
They arrived on Saturday afternoon for lunch and the boys played together until naptime. After naptime, Chris & Justin took Alex & Caleb to Blockbuster to pick out a movie for Movie Night...while they did this and ran a few errands, I took care of a fussy Isabella while Jen helped with Sam, took care of Zach and MADE DINNER!! I was planning on making baked ziti, and Jen just jumped in and took over my kitchen while I fed and held my fussy girl. It was so nice to have the help while I focused on Izzy. I told Jen it was like having my mom around! :) After dinner, we popped popcorn and the boys watched Toy Story 2....well, some of them watched it. Zach didn't watch any of it, Sam watched the first 5 minutes, Alex watched most of it and Caleb didn't move from the couch. Jen & I spent the time in the playroom w/ Sam & Zach, who had alot of fun jumping in the "jumpolene" together. ha. I was pleased that Sam was very careful around little Zachy...I think he knows not to be all crazy around people who are smaller than he is. Good boy!!
Sunday was fun - - we went to a place called Airtastic, which has tons of inflatable play structures (see more pics). The boys had a really good time there...they played VERY hard. After Airtastic, we went to CiCi's for pizza and then home for naps. Noone fussed over naptime that day - - we definitely wore them out!! The boys played nicely together that night....the good naps helped with the good behavior too.
Chris's family took off Monday late morning. Jen wasn't feeling good, so it was my turn to help her. I had fun doing puzzles with Alex (which he spent most of the morning doing) and keeping my eye on Zach at the kitchen table (he has a VERY good appetite - ha). Caleb & Sam were either doing puzzles with Alex or playing matchbox cars. It was a pretty quiet morning until they left...then the meltdowns began (which happens alot after family leaves). The boys took very good naps that day too and then played nicely the rest of the afternoon. It was really nice to see all of them. Zach had changed SO much since we had seen them last (July)!
Justin stayed home yesterday and today. The boys really enjoyed having him home and Justin was happy to spend the time at Sam's gym class on Tuesday and Caleb's gymnastics class today. Caleb actually received a medal today at gymnastics class and he was SO proud - I'm glad Justin was able to be there (I was actually home w/ Izzy, but Justin recorded it).
We ran errands tonight and tried a new burger place (which was VERY good). The owner came over to ask us how everything was and he made the mistake of asking Caleb questions. The guy could not believe it when he discovered that Caleb was 3 years old. At first the owner said he thought Caleb would be a public speaker when he grew up - hahaha (and Caleb told him "no, he was going to be a doctor"), but after finding out how old Caleb is the man changed his mind and said "buddy, I think you're going to be the President of the United States." Caleb laughed and said "Oh no, Barack Obama is the President. He lives in the White House now." The man laughed and said "little dude, I could seriously sit and talk to you all night." They were so funny. Sam was able to get a few words in when Caleb went to the bathroom...he told people sitting next to us (who had a baby) that he had a baby sister too and that Uncle Chris was at his house. I really dont' think Isabella is ever going to get a word in.
They arrived on Saturday afternoon for lunch and the boys played together until naptime. After naptime, Chris & Justin took Alex & Caleb to Blockbuster to pick out a movie for Movie Night...while they did this and ran a few errands, I took care of a fussy Isabella while Jen helped with Sam, took care of Zach and MADE DINNER!! I was planning on making baked ziti, and Jen just jumped in and took over my kitchen while I fed and held my fussy girl. It was so nice to have the help while I focused on Izzy. I told Jen it was like having my mom around! :) After dinner, we popped popcorn and the boys watched Toy Story 2....well, some of them watched it. Zach didn't watch any of it, Sam watched the first 5 minutes, Alex watched most of it and Caleb didn't move from the couch. Jen & I spent the time in the playroom w/ Sam & Zach, who had alot of fun jumping in the "jumpolene" together. ha. I was pleased that Sam was very careful around little Zachy...I think he knows not to be all crazy around people who are smaller than he is. Good boy!!
Sunday was fun - - we went to a place called Airtastic, which has tons of inflatable play structures (see more pics). The boys had a really good time there...they played VERY hard. After Airtastic, we went to CiCi's for pizza and then home for naps. Noone fussed over naptime that day - - we definitely wore them out!! The boys played nicely together that night....the good naps helped with the good behavior too.
Chris's family took off Monday late morning. Jen wasn't feeling good, so it was my turn to help her. I had fun doing puzzles with Alex (which he spent most of the morning doing) and keeping my eye on Zach at the kitchen table (he has a VERY good appetite - ha). Caleb & Sam were either doing puzzles with Alex or playing matchbox cars. It was a pretty quiet morning until they left...then the meltdowns began (which happens alot after family leaves). The boys took very good naps that day too and then played nicely the rest of the afternoon. It was really nice to see all of them. Zach had changed SO much since we had seen them last (July)!
Justin stayed home yesterday and today. The boys really enjoyed having him home and Justin was happy to spend the time at Sam's gym class on Tuesday and Caleb's gymnastics class today. Caleb actually received a medal today at gymnastics class and he was SO proud - I'm glad Justin was able to be there (I was actually home w/ Izzy, but Justin recorded it).
We ran errands tonight and tried a new burger place (which was VERY good). The owner came over to ask us how everything was and he made the mistake of asking Caleb questions. The guy could not believe it when he discovered that Caleb was 3 years old. At first the owner said he thought Caleb would be a public speaker when he grew up - hahaha (and Caleb told him "no, he was going to be a doctor"), but after finding out how old Caleb is the man changed his mind and said "buddy, I think you're going to be the President of the United States." Caleb laughed and said "Oh no, Barack Obama is the President. He lives in the White House now." The man laughed and said "little dude, I could seriously sit and talk to you all night." They were so funny. Sam was able to get a few words in when Caleb went to the bathroom...he told people sitting next to us (who had a baby) that he had a baby sister too and that Uncle Chris was at his house. I really dont' think Isabella is ever going to get a word in.


0 Comments:
Post a Comment
<< Home