The Final Countdown
Caleb has had a pretty cool past two weeks of school...these are the fun "last few days" of school - remember those? His last day is Thursday (crazy!). Today, all the moms joined the class and headed to a cool little sculpture park near the lake....we checked out the art, walked along the beach, made step stones and enjoyed a really yummy snack on a beautiful spring day. So fun.
Last week was the big preschool performance. The kids had worked so hard on this 45 minute program! They made all the props and even wrote their own story/play. They did a few things on stage...a few "acts", dancing, and yoga. I have to admit that I was alittle nervous before the performance b/c the DAY BEFORE, Miss Keeley asked Caleb if he would help Kate narrate the story (she was getting nervous). Of course, he said "sure" and then she said "okay, well you have a lot to learn today so let's get started." After school I asked if he knew his lines and he confidently said that he did...and that if he forgot, he had it on paper. Yeah, I was wondering how he'd read it too, but then he told me he had a big brain and he would just remember it anyway. Well, he DID remember everything (I should not have been surprised, his memory is ridiculous) and not only did he remember his lines, but he narrated sooooo well. I was so impressed with how well he spoke into the microphone...he was clear, he spoke slowly, he looked at the audience, he waited until the "actors" did their thing before he continued with the story...he was seriously perfect...it was so natural to him. We have it on video...one of these days I'll post it. Oooh, he was so proud and he was so excited to see loved ones in the audenience...me, Justin, Sam, my mom, Casey & Jamie were all there watching him "do his thing" on stage.
Last week was the big preschool performance. The kids had worked so hard on this 45 minute program! They made all the props and even wrote their own story/play. They did a few things on stage...a few "acts", dancing, and yoga. I have to admit that I was alittle nervous before the performance b/c the DAY BEFORE, Miss Keeley asked Caleb if he would help Kate narrate the story (she was getting nervous). Of course, he said "sure" and then she said "okay, well you have a lot to learn today so let's get started." After school I asked if he knew his lines and he confidently said that he did...and that if he forgot, he had it on paper. Yeah, I was wondering how he'd read it too, but then he told me he had a big brain and he would just remember it anyway. Well, he DID remember everything (I should not have been surprised, his memory is ridiculous) and not only did he remember his lines, but he narrated sooooo well. I was so impressed with how well he spoke into the microphone...he was clear, he spoke slowly, he looked at the audience, he waited until the "actors" did their thing before he continued with the story...he was seriously perfect...it was so natural to him. We have it on video...one of these days I'll post it. Oooh, he was so proud and he was so excited to see loved ones in the audenience...me, Justin, Sam, my mom, Casey & Jamie were all there watching him "do his thing" on stage.


0 Comments:
Post a Comment
<< Home