Name:
Location: United States

Tuesday, August 31, 2010

Last Day of "Summer"

It seems odd to write that it's the last day of summer when it was like 90 degrees outside today....but according to the school calendar, it WAS the last day of summer. And although the summer heat is still going strong, we spent a good 2 hours this morning at a park w/ 3 of Caleb's preschool friends and their siblings. 2 of the kids will be attending the same school as Caleb and one, his good friend Andrew, will actually be in his class. I am thrilled...Andrew is such a good kid, a nice friend to Caleb and I really like his parents. Don't you love kids like that?

The rest of the day was a "Kids Choice" day....meaning, they really got to decide everything. Caleb was able to pick lunch, since he will be eating lunch at school now (he's in full day kindergarten...sniff sniff). They both wanted an afternoon of playing wii...not my favorite kid activity, but it was hot and they already spent 2 hours outside ...and it was Kids Choice Day, so what could I do? Fortunately they did not spend all afternoon playing Mariokart...they golfed, played tennis and baseball. I did drag them along to Target & Michael's with me, but they were able to pick 2 things out of the $1 bin at Michaels...they have great cheap goodies for kids, btw. And I don't normally do this, but I let them each pick their own dinner. I'm a HUGE proponent of making one dinner and that's it, but again...it was Kid's Choice Day. Actually, I say it was Kid's Choice Day, but it was more like "Boys Choice Day"...Izzy was already requesting M&Ms for breakfast so I decided to override all of her requests. Caleb asks for spinach (as in spinach salad) and Izzy asks for M&Ms...where is the happy medium? Oh yeah - that would be Sam: cheese quesadilla, banana and M&Ms.

We read all of our "getting ready for kindergarten/preschool" books tonight before bed. I could tell they were both sooo excited. And after they were tucked in, I packed up some of Caleb's lunch and made chocolate chip pancakes for tomorrow morning. Hopefully this will help make a good start to a great day!!

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home