Crazy Summer Days
Yes, this is Caleb and yes, he is sitting in back of a police car. No, he's not grounded. He was simply taking a closer look at the inside of a squad car (during Safety Town) and he was clearly enjoying this moment - - no need for me to ask him to say "cheese".
We have had quite a week....you know it was alittle crazy when you look back and realize that every day, you packed a cooler and headed out at 10:30am and basically ate all snacks/lunches outside (and not at home) all week. Seriously - EVERY day. The kids thought it was super cool ...we picked a different spot to eat each day....sometimes on picnic tables, sometimes on a blanket underneath a tree...and one time, in the car b/c there was no time to chill outside.
Although it was busy, it was fun....swimming lessons, tennis lessons and Safety Town (and time at Sports Core so *I* can play tennis!). Sammy was able to join Caleb at Safety Town on Wednesday. I volunteered to help out that day, which "happened" to include a field trip to a fire station and they said it was fine if he join (Izzy was w/ a babysitter). Sam could not have been happier. First, he got to ride in a school bus for the first time...then he was able to do all sorts of cool things at the fire station. Life for Sam was great on Wednesday.
So Safety Town is over and I was really happy w/ this program. Every kid going into Kindergarten should attend this (it's a national program). They had a trip to the hospital, police station, fire station...learned about pet safety, strangers, germs, bike safety (even received a "free" helmet). One of our home activities this coming week is to put Mr. Yuck stickers on appropriate containers in the house. Caleb is very excited about this.
The boys both started their second session of swimming this past week and will continue this week as well. Sam is doing great in his class and although he is definitely the youngest, he is not out of his league. I'm not sure if he'll pass this round (not sure if either boys will pass this time), but he is definitely learning a ton and I'm so proud of him. Caleb noticed he was bumped up as well... after class last week he said that the "skills in this class are much harder." I explained why and he said that he was excited to learn more. And he is improving so much as well. I had to laugh again on Friday b/c half the time was "free time" and Caleb practiced his strokes and played with dive sticks while Sammy asked random teachers to go down the slide with him. He had no problem finding a willing teacher....he is so darn cute.
And tennis...Caleb loves it (yipee!). He thinks it's sooo cool that the same pro that teaches me (and gave me lessons YEARS ago) is teaching him. And poor Sam changes into sneakers and brings his racquet and water bottle in, but just watches Caleb's lesson. It's so hard to be 3 years old (he tells me this EVERY Tuesday and Thursday...during Caleb's tennis lesson).
After a crazy week, we had a nice relaxing weekend. We headed to a big Art Fair where Caleb went to preschool (http://www.jmkac.org/). I have always loved going to this and we found something cute to put outside in one of our flower gardens. We figured we dont' have much wall space, but we have TONS of places outside for art! The boys had fun in the children's art tent...they made clay pottery and are very proud of their creations.
My parents came over last night and brought all the ingredients to make homemade pizza on the grill. My mom made a crazy yummy dough & pizza sauce...and then did all the grilling (I was alittle intimidated). I think it was the best pizza I have ever had. Unbelievable. And Justin got a lesson in mojito making from my dad so we all enjoyed a few of those as well. Nice night.
Today was even more laid back...Justin and I took turns running a few errands, I picked veges out of the garden and ate fresh zucchini and green beans for dinner (I LOVE THIS!!) Izzy wouldn't touch either (but ate a ton of grilled chicken). Sammy ate the green beans and Caleb had seconds of both (so did Justin & I).
Tomorrow starts yet another crazy week....time to clean out my cooler.
We have had quite a week....you know it was alittle crazy when you look back and realize that every day, you packed a cooler and headed out at 10:30am and basically ate all snacks/lunches outside (and not at home) all week. Seriously - EVERY day. The kids thought it was super cool ...we picked a different spot to eat each day....sometimes on picnic tables, sometimes on a blanket underneath a tree...and one time, in the car b/c there was no time to chill outside.
Although it was busy, it was fun....swimming lessons, tennis lessons and Safety Town (and time at Sports Core so *I* can play tennis!). Sammy was able to join Caleb at Safety Town on Wednesday. I volunteered to help out that day, which "happened" to include a field trip to a fire station and they said it was fine if he join (Izzy was w/ a babysitter). Sam could not have been happier. First, he got to ride in a school bus for the first time...then he was able to do all sorts of cool things at the fire station. Life for Sam was great on Wednesday.
So Safety Town is over and I was really happy w/ this program. Every kid going into Kindergarten should attend this (it's a national program). They had a trip to the hospital, police station, fire station...learned about pet safety, strangers, germs, bike safety (even received a "free" helmet). One of our home activities this coming week is to put Mr. Yuck stickers on appropriate containers in the house. Caleb is very excited about this.
The boys both started their second session of swimming this past week and will continue this week as well. Sam is doing great in his class and although he is definitely the youngest, he is not out of his league. I'm not sure if he'll pass this round (not sure if either boys will pass this time), but he is definitely learning a ton and I'm so proud of him. Caleb noticed he was bumped up as well... after class last week he said that the "skills in this class are much harder." I explained why and he said that he was excited to learn more. And he is improving so much as well. I had to laugh again on Friday b/c half the time was "free time" and Caleb practiced his strokes and played with dive sticks while Sammy asked random teachers to go down the slide with him. He had no problem finding a willing teacher....he is so darn cute.
And tennis...Caleb loves it (yipee!). He thinks it's sooo cool that the same pro that teaches me (and gave me lessons YEARS ago) is teaching him. And poor Sam changes into sneakers and brings his racquet and water bottle in, but just watches Caleb's lesson. It's so hard to be 3 years old (he tells me this EVERY Tuesday and Thursday...during Caleb's tennis lesson).
After a crazy week, we had a nice relaxing weekend. We headed to a big Art Fair where Caleb went to preschool (http://www.jmkac.org/). I have always loved going to this and we found something cute to put outside in one of our flower gardens. We figured we dont' have much wall space, but we have TONS of places outside for art! The boys had fun in the children's art tent...they made clay pottery and are very proud of their creations.
My parents came over last night and brought all the ingredients to make homemade pizza on the grill. My mom made a crazy yummy dough & pizza sauce...and then did all the grilling (I was alittle intimidated). I think it was the best pizza I have ever had. Unbelievable. And Justin got a lesson in mojito making from my dad so we all enjoyed a few of those as well. Nice night.
Today was even more laid back...Justin and I took turns running a few errands, I picked veges out of the garden and ate fresh zucchini and green beans for dinner (I LOVE THIS!!) Izzy wouldn't touch either (but ate a ton of grilled chicken). Sammy ate the green beans and Caleb had seconds of both (so did Justin & I).
Tomorrow starts yet another crazy week....time to clean out my cooler.


0 Comments:
Post a Comment
<< Home