Name:
Location: United States

Thursday, July 01, 2010

My Little Peanut


Iz
Originally uploaded by Justin and Kelly Webb
Izzy had her 18 month check up today. I frequently hear how light she is from friends/family that pick her up, but today her "lightness" was confirmed. The little peanut doesn't even weigh 22 pounds!! That puts her into the 10% for weight. She's average on height - 31.5 inches, and like her brother Sam, she has an above average head size. :) The doctor asked if she ate okay and I told her that she had a healthy appetite and eats just about anything that is put in front of her.

Other things I need to "record" as they come to mind following her appointment:
- she is putting 2 words together. all done, here go (here you go), good girl...
- she is clearly saying names of people in our family...I think her best is "Casey", but I laugh every time I hear her say "greeeny" (granny...which is what Sam calls my mom...that alone is hilarious)
- she has an interest in using the toilet, but I'm not going to push this (and I discussed w/ the dr today). she tells me when she has a dirty diaper, and occassionally tells me when she needs to use the restroom before she actually goes! When we were in Florida, she went to the bathroom on the toilet a few times. I personally think she was showing off for my mom b/c she hasn't done that since (though we have wasted alot of time putting the pants/diaper on and off and sitting down on her potty and standing up right away, sitting down, standing up...something I have very little patience with). Anyway, at least there is an interest and it's something she thinks is cool.
- she continues to be very physical and soooo tough. She will take a hard fall and seriously not cry about it. I will ask her if she got hurt and she will nod her head and say/yell "uh huh!!" No tears though (most of the time anyway).
- she is obsessed with motorcycles. Seriously OBSESSED. If she sees one in a parking lot, she goes nuts and wants to get close to it.
- I can finally use "if then" statements with her and it works!! Example: if you pick up your toys, you can have ice cream.
- the girl would scrub toilets for ice cream if I asked her. She has an unbelievable sweet tooth...comes by it naturally.
- she still prefers matchbox cars and balls to dolls. Whatever the boys are doing, she wants to be a part of as well...and neither play with dolls. Supposedly she plays with the toys more geared toward girls at the Sports Core...probably b/c she finally has girls to play with and mimic.
- she likes to mimic. If I clean, she gets out a towel and cleans as well. If Sam throws a matchbox car, she is happy to grab one and toss across the room as well. I try to keep her away from Sam.
- she loves to cuddle with Caleb. During the day, she oftentimes runs to him for hugs/to be held instead of me. The sweet little guy always drops whatever he is doing to give her the love and attention she needs. It is seriously so adorable.
- she's a fast little peanut. Especially when I tell her it's time for a nap...she usually yells "NO!" and then bolts as fast as she can to another room...full speed...laughing.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home