One Fish Two Fish Daring Fish Worker Fish
Yes, I'm talking about my boys. Today was the last day of session #1 of swimming and it was all about playtime. Siblings & parents were able to get in and play as well, but I didn't feel like bringing Izzy into the pool. The boys were fine not having me in the water...both of their teachers played with them the entire time. Soooo nice of them. And since it was all about having fun (no structured class) I was not at all surprised with how they wanted to spend their pool time.
Sam: going down the water slide...again, and again, and again. Tossing a big ball back and forth with his teacher. Splashing his teacher.
Caleb: practicing what he learned in class, having his teacher give him a "ride" on the floaty thing (in pic) and his favorite - - exploring underwater w/ goggles on (w/ teacher) and diving for rings. He had no interest in going down the slide, but he did go into the deep end, with goggles on so he could see what they looked like as they plunged underwater from the slide. hahaha.
So report cards were handed out today...I'm happy to report that Caleb passed into the next level. Yeah! And I had to laugh at Sam's report card. The teacher wrote "AMAZING!!" So the little 3 year old is heading into a class w/ the big kids. They will begin another session later this summer. When I dropped off the registration form I said "I know this says this class if for 5 and 6 year olds and my son is 3, but the teacher recommended this." She told me they had already talked about Sam and it was fine as long as I was comfortable with it. Sure....why not? I figured the more appropriate person to ask is Sam...so I explained it/ asked him and of course he is fine with it. I personally think they are over-estimating his ability, but we shall see. I will report back later this summer!
Sam: going down the water slide...again, and again, and again. Tossing a big ball back and forth with his teacher. Splashing his teacher.
Caleb: practicing what he learned in class, having his teacher give him a "ride" on the floaty thing (in pic) and his favorite - - exploring underwater w/ goggles on (w/ teacher) and diving for rings. He had no interest in going down the slide, but he did go into the deep end, with goggles on so he could see what they looked like as they plunged underwater from the slide. hahaha.
So report cards were handed out today...I'm happy to report that Caleb passed into the next level. Yeah! And I had to laugh at Sam's report card. The teacher wrote "AMAZING!!" So the little 3 year old is heading into a class w/ the big kids. They will begin another session later this summer. When I dropped off the registration form I said "I know this says this class if for 5 and 6 year olds and my son is 3, but the teacher recommended this." She told me they had already talked about Sam and it was fine as long as I was comfortable with it. Sure....why not? I figured the more appropriate person to ask is Sam...so I explained it/ asked him and of course he is fine with it. I personally think they are over-estimating his ability, but we shall see. I will report back later this summer!


0 Comments:
Post a Comment
<< Home