Catching Up
Oooh it's been awhile since I have blogged....am recovering from having surgery on both eyes (not pleasant). Since I'm not 100% I will keep this brief but wanted to at least give the highlights of our fun fun memorial day weekend!!
Our Top Ten List (in no particular order):
1) Eating dinner on Monday at my parents house...my dad made his ribs and honestly, they were his best....the meat fell off the bone.
2) Spending time w/ family...family from Nebraska was here (Mary & Dick) - - Justin and I always love hanging out w/ them and now my boys are big fans as well. :)
3) Spending time at the cabin w/ the family....so peaceful there.
4) Grandpa teaching the boys how to fish. Caleb had been wanting to fish for awhile....he LOVED it and caught sooo many, but he is now addicted. He asks me almost daily when he can go back to grandpa's cabin.
5) Having Justin home for so long.
6) We were productive around the house...cedar chips spread by the kids play area and Justin dug out a new big garden closer to the house for me - AND I planted it!!
7) Going to the parade on Monday morning - - the kids love parades...
8) Caleb's bug catching....he decided that our screened-in-porch was a perfect place to keep his butterflies, dragonflies and other "interesting insects". It makes perfect sense...it looks like one giant bug house!
9) Sammy had plenty of outdoor work to do...he was so busy on his tractor, filling up his wheelbarrow, taking loads of sod to the ravine, spreading cedar chips....the boy seriously did alot of work and enjoyed every minute of it.
10) Izzy peformed her new "trick" for family. She loves an audience and was as happy as could be to show off for family all weekend long. Her new trick is something like a headstand...and occassionally she'll surprise herself and do a somersault. :)
I'll end w/ a funny Caleb story...
So the other day when I had one of my eyes worked on, I had Alea, our babysitter, come watch the kids (my mom was my driver)....Alea had her best friend from college in town all week and she asked if it was okay that she come along. I didn't care (I had bigger things to worry about!!). But anyway, the next day I asked Caleb what Alea's friends name was (they were returning that day for surgery #2). His reply "Ummm, I don't remember, but I wrote it down...hold on a minute" He runs to his drawer, gets out a piece of paper and says "it's E-M-U-L-E" "Emily?" "YES!! EMILY!!" Thank goodness someone is paying attention...and taking notes.
Our Top Ten List (in no particular order):
1) Eating dinner on Monday at my parents house...my dad made his ribs and honestly, they were his best....the meat fell off the bone.
2) Spending time w/ family...family from Nebraska was here (Mary & Dick) - - Justin and I always love hanging out w/ them and now my boys are big fans as well. :)
3) Spending time at the cabin w/ the family....so peaceful there.
4) Grandpa teaching the boys how to fish. Caleb had been wanting to fish for awhile....he LOVED it and caught sooo many, but he is now addicted. He asks me almost daily when he can go back to grandpa's cabin.
5) Having Justin home for so long.
6) We were productive around the house...cedar chips spread by the kids play area and Justin dug out a new big garden closer to the house for me - AND I planted it!!
7) Going to the parade on Monday morning - - the kids love parades...
8) Caleb's bug catching....he decided that our screened-in-porch was a perfect place to keep his butterflies, dragonflies and other "interesting insects". It makes perfect sense...it looks like one giant bug house!
9) Sammy had plenty of outdoor work to do...he was so busy on his tractor, filling up his wheelbarrow, taking loads of sod to the ravine, spreading cedar chips....the boy seriously did alot of work and enjoyed every minute of it.
10) Izzy peformed her new "trick" for family. She loves an audience and was as happy as could be to show off for family all weekend long. Her new trick is something like a headstand...and occassionally she'll surprise herself and do a somersault. :)
I'll end w/ a funny Caleb story...
So the other day when I had one of my eyes worked on, I had Alea, our babysitter, come watch the kids (my mom was my driver)....Alea had her best friend from college in town all week and she asked if it was okay that she come along. I didn't care (I had bigger things to worry about!!). But anyway, the next day I asked Caleb what Alea's friends name was (they were returning that day for surgery #2). His reply "Ummm, I don't remember, but I wrote it down...hold on a minute" He runs to his drawer, gets out a piece of paper and says "it's E-M-U-L-E" "Emily?" "YES!! EMILY!!" Thank goodness someone is paying attention...and taking notes.


0 Comments:
Post a Comment
<< Home