The Terrible "1s"
Okay, I know the twos are supposed to be terrible, but I seriously think they will be nothing compared to Izzy at one. She tires me out. There is a reason why there are fewer pics of Izzy than of the boys...I can't do anything when she's up!!
She is a HANDFUL right now and she definitely has a naughty side...don't let the sweet dimple fool you. She hits, she throws toys at her brothers, she jumps on the couch, she gets into things that she's not supposed to (e.g. the fireplace, the toilet) and she laughs when I tell her "no". She sometimes waits for me to see her and then she screams w/ delight and then does what she is not supposed to do. I have even started using timeouts on her. Yes, she's probably too young and no, I'm not even a fan of timeouts....oh, and no, they don't work. She thinks they are funny.
On a positive/fun note:
- she is tough
- she is still a very good eater - not very picky
- she is a good sleeper
- she loves dancing (seriously likes rock music)
- she tries sooo hard to jump and do somersaults
- she loves showing her brothers/dad what she is wearing
- she picks out her shoes...a few times a day
- she can open the door and head outside on her own (oh wait, that's a bad thing...a very bad thing)
- she looks adorable in pigtails (but takes them out w/in 2 minutes of me putting them in)
- she says so many words now...I'm just waiting for her to put a few words together.
- she loves tackling her brothers - - she goes full speed right at them..when they are not looking...she may possibly be on her way to a future in female wrestling (eeww).
- I seriously think she knows when I have HAD it with her....she smiles at me and in a very soft and high pitched voice, she sweetly says "mum".....like 15 times.
- one of my favorite things she does right now...when she sees one of her brothers favorite stuffed animals lying around, she brings it to whoever it belongs to. I am beginning to think she secretly hides them and then becomes the hero when she brings the lost dog/frog/monkey to it's respective owner. Sam was unable to find his favorite monkey for a few nights and yesterday out of nowhere Izzy brings him the monkey. Sam was thrilled. Izzy was even happier. She even clapped for herself.
- she has a crazy sweet tooth.
- she does NOT sit still. Like Sam, she is not a big fan of TV (which is a good thing, unless we are travelling). The DVD she watches (in the car only) is Thomas.
- she loves having her teeth brushed....all 9 of them.
She is a HANDFUL right now and she definitely has a naughty side...don't let the sweet dimple fool you. She hits, she throws toys at her brothers, she jumps on the couch, she gets into things that she's not supposed to (e.g. the fireplace, the toilet) and she laughs when I tell her "no". She sometimes waits for me to see her and then she screams w/ delight and then does what she is not supposed to do. I have even started using timeouts on her. Yes, she's probably too young and no, I'm not even a fan of timeouts....oh, and no, they don't work. She thinks they are funny.
On a positive/fun note:
- she is tough
- she is still a very good eater - not very picky
- she is a good sleeper
- she loves dancing (seriously likes rock music)
- she tries sooo hard to jump and do somersaults
- she loves showing her brothers/dad what she is wearing
- she picks out her shoes...a few times a day
- she can open the door and head outside on her own (oh wait, that's a bad thing...a very bad thing)
- she looks adorable in pigtails (but takes them out w/in 2 minutes of me putting them in)
- she says so many words now...I'm just waiting for her to put a few words together.
- she loves tackling her brothers - - she goes full speed right at them..when they are not looking...she may possibly be on her way to a future in female wrestling (eeww).
- I seriously think she knows when I have HAD it with her....she smiles at me and in a very soft and high pitched voice, she sweetly says "mum".....like 15 times.
- one of my favorite things she does right now...when she sees one of her brothers favorite stuffed animals lying around, she brings it to whoever it belongs to. I am beginning to think she secretly hides them and then becomes the hero when she brings the lost dog/frog/monkey to it's respective owner. Sam was unable to find his favorite monkey for a few nights and yesterday out of nowhere Izzy brings him the monkey. Sam was thrilled. Izzy was even happier. She even clapped for herself.
- she has a crazy sweet tooth.
- she does NOT sit still. Like Sam, she is not a big fan of TV (which is a good thing, unless we are travelling). The DVD she watches (in the car only) is Thomas.
- she loves having her teeth brushed....all 9 of them.


0 Comments:
Post a Comment
<< Home