Beach Discoveries
Things Discovered at the beach in Clearwater today:
- Everyone loves collecting shells - but does so in their own way....Caleb studies them and wants to keep them all for special projects, Izzy collects the most, Justin finds the coolest, I find the biggest and Sammy thinks it's cool that he can break them (sigh).
- Caleb loves playing in the waves and pretending he's a seal.
- Sam loves jumping waves.
- Izzy doesn't want to hold onto anyone's hand while in the ocean...she waits for a wave to knock her down before she looks for assistance.
- It doesn't take a big wave to knock Izzy down.
- I need to purchase a little cooler for the next beach outing. After Izzy took a drink of her water, she looked at me funny, handed it back to me and said "hot". Yep, it was hot. I could've added some Swiss Miss and made some hot chocolate! This was after 1 hour of being outside. Crazy.
- I am a paranoid mother on the beach....I am constantly watching the kids and.... well, I'm on the lookout for sharks. Not terribly relaxing for me, but the smiles on the kids faces all afternoon was well worth it!!
- Everyone loves collecting shells - but does so in their own way....Caleb studies them and wants to keep them all for special projects, Izzy collects the most, Justin finds the coolest, I find the biggest and Sammy thinks it's cool that he can break them (sigh).
- Caleb loves playing in the waves and pretending he's a seal.
- Sam loves jumping waves.
- Izzy doesn't want to hold onto anyone's hand while in the ocean...she waits for a wave to knock her down before she looks for assistance.
- It doesn't take a big wave to knock Izzy down.
- I need to purchase a little cooler for the next beach outing. After Izzy took a drink of her water, she looked at me funny, handed it back to me and said "hot". Yep, it was hot. I could've added some Swiss Miss and made some hot chocolate! This was after 1 hour of being outside. Crazy.
- I am a paranoid mother on the beach....I am constantly watching the kids and.... well, I'm on the lookout for sharks. Not terribly relaxing for me, but the smiles on the kids faces all afternoon was well worth it!!


1 Comments:
So funny! We vacationed so close to where you are (St. Pete's beach) and I had similar feelings...loving seeing the kids, but paranoid of oh-so-much at the same time.
Post a Comment
<< Home