A Happy "Everything" Weekend
Fathers Day weekend in our family is usually spent celebrating everything...birthdays (my dad's and mine), anniversaries (ours and my sisters) and, of course dads!! We headed over to my parents house on Sunday afternoon for lots of outdoor games/fun and very yummy food. Caleb was thrilled to hear grandpa was putting steaks on the grill. The whole family was there and we all had a great time.
Before celebrating at my parents, we spent the morning working in the yard...Sam & I battled the weeds and Caleb helped Justin build a very nice fence around my new big garden!! see pics! And as you can see, Izzy worked on coloring a very special Father's Day card for Justin. So cute.
I made the mistake of taking Sam with me on Saturday to pick up Justin's hammock (his Father's Day present). I don't think it took him 2 minutes to say (with SO much excitement) "dad, we just bought you a new hammock!!!" Thanks little dude.
And I had to laugh at my boys contribution to my dad's Birthday present. The boys have had their presents wrapped and ready to go for at least a week...with no help/suggestions from me (I didn't even ask them to do anything). Sam found a tennis ball on the floor and wrapped it up himself. He really thought grandpa would LOVE it. Caleb took out a special journal entry (from preschool journal) on birds and wrapped that up. I was so proud of them...and as you can see on the pictures, they were even prouder.
Before celebrating at my parents, we spent the morning working in the yard...Sam & I battled the weeds and Caleb helped Justin build a very nice fence around my new big garden!! see pics! And as you can see, Izzy worked on coloring a very special Father's Day card for Justin. So cute.
I made the mistake of taking Sam with me on Saturday to pick up Justin's hammock (his Father's Day present). I don't think it took him 2 minutes to say (with SO much excitement) "dad, we just bought you a new hammock!!!" Thanks little dude.
And I had to laugh at my boys contribution to my dad's Birthday present. The boys have had their presents wrapped and ready to go for at least a week...with no help/suggestions from me (I didn't even ask them to do anything). Sam found a tennis ball on the floor and wrapped it up himself. He really thought grandpa would LOVE it. Caleb took out a special journal entry (from preschool journal) on birds and wrapped that up. I was so proud of them...and as you can see on the pictures, they were even prouder.


0 Comments:
Post a Comment
<< Home