Name:
Location: United States

Wednesday, June 16, 2010

Back From Florida!

We finished our first major trip w/ the kids and we really ended up having a great time and fairly pain-free travel days. It DID help that my mom flew down on Wednesday and stayed until Saturday night. :) The kids were thrilled to see her (well, so were Justin and I....we just weren't jumping up and down screaming like the kids).

The rest of our time in Florida:
Thursday - Bush Gardens....SOOOOO fun. They have such a cool area for little kids....great kid rides and an awesome sprinkler park...and very clean bathrooms (major points for that). Super Grover had a super fast rollercoaster that even made me feel sick....Caleb screamed the entire time and decided he hated rollercoasters. Sam loved it. Sam also wanted to take Grandma on the big log ride (outside the kid area). I really wanted to go too so I tagged along. :) So fun. Caleb & Sam loved standing in the "spray" areas from the big water rides - - I think that was Caleb's favorite thing to do there. Izzy was a trooper once again...no nap, no fussing, just taking it all in and really enjoying the sprinklers/water fountains and the rides!! We all enjoyed the train ride through the park...I had to laugh at Caleb though. After going through the first tunnel, he casually said to me "that was the first of three tunnels, just so you know." "how do you know that?" "I studied the map when we got here." Sure enough - - 3 tunnels. Silly kid.

Friday:
Justin went to work and the rest of us headed to the pool. We had not yet been to the pool...I think Justin and I were both nervous to take all 3 (it is not zero depth which means I am not anxiety free). Anyway, before our pool outing, my mom suggested we get water wings for the boys. Uummm, those $1 water wings are amazing -- who would've thought? It gave the boys freedom and confidence in the water and it gave me a good peace of mind. We still didnt' take our eyes off of them, but we didn't have to hold them in the water...just Izzy (unless she was riding her boat). :) Fun and relaxing day.

Saturday: Aquarium! My sister-in-law Jen highly recommended this place and I am so glad we went. It is a great aquarium - - VERY kid friendly with a fun outdoor "water park" - so cool! The kids loved it all. Izzy loved watching the fish, the boys loved the "touch tanks" and all of them could not have been happier than when they were outside and soaking wet. When we got back to the apartment, the boys really wanted to head back to the pool to show Justin how well they can swim, so we had one more pool outing before we had to take grandma to the airport.

Sunday: Kids did great on the plane and we were home around 4:00pm. The boys literally went from their carseats to their bikes/scooters/running in the yard before they even went inside. We had a great time in Florida, but it always feels good to be home.

And now that we are home, we are in full summer mode. Boys are in swimming lessons every day. I love their swimming program...awesome pool/equipment and super cool instructors. The boys are in different classes, but are in the pool together at the same time. I think Sam points out his "big brother" to his instructor a few times each class. So cute. In addition to swimming, yesterday Sam had Tiny Tot camp and Caleb had tennis. He is thrilled to be taking lessons just like mom...same court, same instructors. He thinks he's pretty cool and is sooo excited that he's going back for more tomorrow. Poor Sam is so excited for Caleb, but he keeps asking me when he will turn 4 so he can take tennis lessons there too. He was such a good sport about it yesterday...I hope it continues.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home