Name:
Location: United States

Wednesday, August 11, 2010

Moving On Up


Soccer Sam
Originally uploaded by Justin and Kelly Webb
This week has already been filled w/ lots of great things (family in town, spending time at the PGA Championship, Justin home for the week) and I will write about those things later...the other great thing about this week: British Soccer Camp. The boys are both attending this camp every morning and they LOVE it. I love it for many reasons, but originally I loved it b/c they finally had a 3 year old class for Sam. The funny part about this....they moved him (and only him!) up after the first day. I was even more thrilled about this b/c 1) I only have to sit through one 1.5 hour soccer session instead of two and 2) I felt sorry for him in the 3 year old class...seriously. Sam is not the biggest rule follower in my home, but when it comes to soccer camp or any other sport lesson, the kid is 100% focused and wants to learn, play and will actually follow instruction very well. The rest of the kids in that 3 year old class were not sharing the same level of enthusiasm for soccer and Sam did alot of sitting around....or standing w/ his foot on the ball....waiting. Not what I paid for and probably not what Sam anticipated. So again, I was soooo happy when they asked him to move up. The other reason why I love this camp: the guys are from England (so yes, they sound good) and they don't have the same fear as instructors from America have - especially male instructors. They actually touch the kids.....they tackle them, tickle them, high five them, hug them...they make the kids feel so comfortable and good about themselves and they do a great job teaching and keeping them excited about soccer for an hour and a half! Both boys have absolutely loved the first 3 days of soccer camp...but Sam makes me laugh the most. It's SOO hot this week and the kids are given lots of water breaks. Sam and Caleb both sprint off the field to get a drink, but Sam is ALWAYS the first kid back on the field...he runs even faster to get back on the field. He's ready to play, even if it's with the "big kids" once again.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home