Happy Campers
It would be more appropriate for me to put a picture of Caleb on this blog post since he was *literally* a happy "camper" this week. He is going to the coolest camp at Bookworm Gardens. It's all morning long, every day this week (tomorrow is his last day and the rest of us are meeting him there at 11:00 for a celebration in the garden, followed by a picnic). The camp is cool for sooo many reasons. The place itself is adorable. I volunteered in the gardens awhile back and when Caleb asked me what it was like, the only way for me to describe to him: "it's magical. it's a place where books come alive. it's soooo cool and it's like nothing you have ever seen." It is so hard to describe, but I will bring my camera tomorrow for pictures. My mom is actually doing work (paint) in the "Hansel & Gretel House"....soooo cute. Anyway, he has LOVED this camp...it's all about nature, books, crafts, games and songs...there are about 8-10 happy campers and 2 very energetic/creative teachers. They made salsa today...all ingredients fresh from their garden. And when I asked him if he liked it he said "ooh, yeah!!" I reminded him that tomatoes are in salsa (he hates tomatoes) and of course he knew that (he was an official tomatoe masher today) but he still enjoyed it. Tonight at dinner he told me he wanted to eat more of those tomatoes w/ chips and I was still in disbelief that he actually wanted to eat tomatoes. His response (which my dad will sooo appreciate) "mom, tomatoes from the garden are not like the tomatoes in the store. I don't like the ones from the store." I totally get that too.
Unfortunately, the Bookworm Gardens camp sounded like something that Sammy was interested in as well. After finding out that, once again, 3 year olds are not included, he cried and cried and reminded me how hard it was to be 3. Then he basically told me that if he couldn't go to camp that he was going to "granny's house...all by himself." So...he ended up going to "Granny Camp" hahahaha. They played lots of tennis on granny's court, painted, rode bikes, played pool and had good snacks. He was truly one happy camper....at "granny camp". So funny.
But pulling out of my mom's driveway after only spending a few minutes inside (and leaving Sam there) did NOT make Izzy happy. She yelled at me and cried for "geeny" all the way home. Fortunately, she is happy when you put a bowl of blueberries (and a few M&Ms) in front of her. It was nice to spend one-on-one time with my little Izzy...something we will be doing more of this fall! We ran a few errands today after playing and she was such a big girl...walking into the store w/ me (not being carried), saying "hello" to EVERYONE until they said "hello" back (I have another social butterfly) and seriously, looking through the clothes rack. She looked so funny....though it was not so fun when she figured out how to take the clothes off the hangers and I had to hang them back up. And she can get them off the hangers faster than I can hang them up. She thought she was hilarious. I was not so amused...so I went home to see if there are camps for 19 month olds. I heard "Granny Camp" takes them at that age...better call tomorrow and get her signed up!
Unfortunately, the Bookworm Gardens camp sounded like something that Sammy was interested in as well. After finding out that, once again, 3 year olds are not included, he cried and cried and reminded me how hard it was to be 3. Then he basically told me that if he couldn't go to camp that he was going to "granny's house...all by himself." So...he ended up going to "Granny Camp" hahahaha. They played lots of tennis on granny's court, painted, rode bikes, played pool and had good snacks. He was truly one happy camper....at "granny camp". So funny.
But pulling out of my mom's driveway after only spending a few minutes inside (and leaving Sam there) did NOT make Izzy happy. She yelled at me and cried for "geeny" all the way home. Fortunately, she is happy when you put a bowl of blueberries (and a few M&Ms) in front of her. It was nice to spend one-on-one time with my little Izzy...something we will be doing more of this fall! We ran a few errands today after playing and she was such a big girl...walking into the store w/ me (not being carried), saying "hello" to EVERYONE until they said "hello" back (I have another social butterfly) and seriously, looking through the clothes rack. She looked so funny....though it was not so fun when she figured out how to take the clothes off the hangers and I had to hang them back up. And she can get them off the hangers faster than I can hang them up. She thought she was hilarious. I was not so amused...so I went home to see if there are camps for 19 month olds. I heard "Granny Camp" takes them at that age...better call tomorrow and get her signed up!


0 Comments:
Post a Comment
<< Home