Weekend Away For Mom!
Although there was family in town and the PGA tournament was going on....I packed up my bag and headed to Lake Geneva to spend the weekend celebrating with some of my best friends from college. Actually, 3 of the girls in this pic were bridesmaids in my wedding! Anyway, we were there for a bridal shower for my friend, Amy - so we celebrated her and had a blast catching up and hanging out again. We had an absolutely perfect day for hanging out on a boat ALL DAY Saturday. Perfect way to start off a fun fun weekend.
And while I was away for some much needed time with my best friends and time away from the normal routine, Justin got some much needed kid time. Although he was home all week last week, he worked SO much and didn't get the time he wanted with the kids. Fortunately while I was gone, the kids were angels and Justin ended up having a blast with them...they ate out (umm...for like 3 meals), they had movie night and they slept in tents in the living room (well, Izzy cribbed it). The best part is that I came home to a clean and happy house. Guess I need to spend more time away! :)
Since being back, we have spent time at my parents house...eating and visiting. And the boys started a new camp this week called Icky, Gooey, Slimey Camp. They love it b/c they are learning cool things about nature and doing cool art projects and I love it b/c they are at camp together. Today while walking into the building, Caleb said "guess what Sam? you can be my partner today." Sammy's face lit up, he grabbed Caleb's hand and they both walked in hand in hand. Adorable.
And while I was away for some much needed time with my best friends and time away from the normal routine, Justin got some much needed kid time. Although he was home all week last week, he worked SO much and didn't get the time he wanted with the kids. Fortunately while I was gone, the kids were angels and Justin ended up having a blast with them...they ate out (umm...for like 3 meals), they had movie night and they slept in tents in the living room (well, Izzy cribbed it). The best part is that I came home to a clean and happy house. Guess I need to spend more time away! :)
Since being back, we have spent time at my parents house...eating and visiting. And the boys started a new camp this week called Icky, Gooey, Slimey Camp. They love it b/c they are learning cool things about nature and doing cool art projects and I love it b/c they are at camp together. Today while walking into the building, Caleb said "guess what Sam? you can be my partner today." Sammy's face lit up, he grabbed Caleb's hand and they both walked in hand in hand. Adorable.


0 Comments:
Post a Comment
<< Home