Name:
Location: United States

Tuesday, September 14, 2010

A Much Needed Update


Sweet Izzy
Originally uploaded by Justin and Kelly Webb
Wow - it has REALLY been a long time since I have written. I can't believe how busy things have been. I thought that being on a school schedule would make life easier...and while it may be easier, our schedule is even crazier.

Caleb & Sam have been busy and having a great time with school (though Sam is only going 3 days/wk). In addition to school Caleb will begin soccer this wknd (last wknd was rained out). Next week he will begin a religious ed. class at our church and I am still deciding on an after school spanish class for him. When Sam is not in school he goes to a "Mini Muscles" class at the Sports Core...he thinks it's great, and since it is during a time I don't normally play tennis, it forces me to actually use the gym!

In addition to school & classes, we have had other fun things going on...
- Justin & Casey took Caleb, Sam & Mallie to watch Brayden race on his 4-wheeler one Friday night. Sammy LOVED it...Justin said he had a permanent smile on his face....and wide eyes. :)
- The whole family celebrated Brayden's Birthday 2 wknds ago and afterwards we had our Family Fantasy Football draft. Fun.
- We have gone to many of Calian's high school soccer games (was just at one tonight)....SO fun to go to. The boys have met 2 cute girls that they play with at each game so I am actually able to sit and watch a full soccer game without worrying that they are bored!! Calian has the biggest fan club....usually has at least 10 family members there to cheer him on (for home games)!
- The kids had the treat of being tucked in by "granny" and grandpa the other night so I could volunteer at "game night" at one of the nursing homes.
- We have also had the normal weekend routine of doing yardwork together, making Home Depot runs, playing games and watching football (with Casey...who will be a permanent fixture in our basement now that Justin's crazy set up is completed!!).

The boys have started the school year off really well...they both have made some good little friends and really seem to enjoy their teachers. They each came home from school last week and said funny little things...
- When I asked Sam if kids in his class were nice he said "yeah, but I had to teach one boy about the "golden rule" today." This is funny to anyone who knows Sam. It's just funny to hear HIM teaching others the proper way to behave.
- When I asked Caleb if he learned anything in school yet (Thursday) he sighed and said "no, still haven't learned anything.....BUT, there are 180 days of school...I have to learn at least SOMETHING in all that time, right?" I stopped asking him today....which is why I might sign him up for Spanish. I am going to give him the option...if he wants to learn, great - if not, I really don't care.

And I certainly can't finish the blog without writing a little update on my Izzy. Aside from her crazy behavior, she has been reminding me alot of Caleb at this age...she is fascinated with letters. She wants to know them all and she is pretty good at identifying them. She tries SO hard to write them on the Doodle Pro - - you can see her studying her hand while she whispers the letter...it's sooo cute. I think she's going to be a little smarty too. My proudest moment of last week though....I turned on the US Open (tennis) while she was napping one afternoon and I was playing cars w/ Sam. When she got up from her nap, we were walking down the stairs and without being able to even see the TV she shouted "TENNIS"....just by the sound. Ooooh, I was so proud. I was even prouder when she sat down to watch and then yelled "MORE" when a commercial came on. Oooh that was a good day...I gave her a few M&Ms for that....yellow ones, to match the tennis balls. I know, I'm creating a monster.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home