Name:
Location: United States

Thursday, March 01, 2012

Some Pretty Amazing Kids

So Justin and I went to parent/teacher conferences on Tuesday....and while I go in assuming that my boys are doing well academically and socially, I left feeling more proud than ever.

We met with Caleb's teacher first, who told us that they tested reading levels again and he is currently at a 5th grade level. Yes, 5th grade. I was shocked. And then thought it was funny that she followed that up by saying "but his BEST subjects are math & science." He's so crazy smart...but more important than getting an amazing academic report - - she said he is such a good kid - she said he is always happy, nice to everyone, is funny, a good friend and really polite. He makes me soooo proud.

And Sam I'm equally proud of. I can tell that his teacher ADORES him....she doesn't stop smiling when she talks about him. And he is following in Caleb's footsteps on reading...he has begun learning sight words and actually learning how to read. I think he will enter Kindergarten already knowing how to read level 1 books. What I love most about this? How proud he is of himself...and he should be! And the part of the conversation that always makes me laugh: his behavior. I guess he turns into another person at school b/c she said he is "such a good boy and is such a leader" (which I interpret as being a brown-noser and bossy) ha. She said he is a great helper in the classroom -helps kids zip their jackets (ha) and is "so good at cleaning and organizing" ....um, WHO is this kid?

And last night after we told them both how proud we are of them and what great things their teachers said about them, Sam said "I know Mrs Jurk really loves me. I don't know WHAT she'd do without me."

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home