Name:
Location: United States

Wednesday, January 11, 2012

Last Day of "Spring"

Izzy  by Justin and Kelly Webb
Izzy , a photo by Justin and Kelly Webb on Flickr.

I think we are finally going to experience winter the way Wisconsinites expect to experience the season. And I have mixed emotions about it. I have LOVED not wearing my winter coat this week. I have loved having windows/doors open. I have loved that we have not had to deal w/ 3 pairs of wet boots and the mess it creates in my house. I love that it's January 11th and don't think we have had a legitimate "cold day". It's been delightful. BUT, it seems a little weird. And I do actually like snow...and I happen to have 3 kids who LOVE it. One who has cried b/c we don't have it.

Today, I had plans on making a homemade chicken pot pie for dinner...but after Sam, & Izzy and I ate lunch and made a batch of chocolate chip cookies, I looked at the thermometer and decided that we needed to embrace this warm (51) and sunny day. Who care about chicken pot pie...I can make that tomorrow, when it's 25 degrees cooler. The three of us spent the entire afternoon outside...riding bikes, scooters, swinging on the tree swing, playing soccer & basketball. We took one short break to pick Caleb up from school and then we were back outside. Sam & I were running around so much that we got hot in our vests and ended up w/ just long sleeve t-shirts on...AMAZING to be outside like this in January. In Wisconsin.

I didn't know if I was going to get Sam back inside...what made him help me pick up toys and head in? Telling him that we had to prepare for snow. So not only did we pick up toys we played with, but we were cleaning out the sandbox....without our jackets on...preparing for tomorrow's snow. It all seemed so weird, but it made him giddy and willing to help with a smile on his face.

So tomorrow we are predicted to get 3-6 inches of snow. Not alot (for Wisconsin anyway). And I have to admit that as much as I have loved our warm winter so far, we DO live in Wisconsin and there really should be a little snow on the ground. So I say: Bring on the Snow....and the chicken pot pie.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home