Hanging Around
We didn't do too much this weekend....even though I had plans to get more closets organized I really never got around to doing it, and for no reason. No big plans, but a few last minute things to make a super fun and relaxing weekend.
Friday night we did a family dinner with 2 other families at the country club that we can literally see from our backyard (we aren't members...just guests Fri night). Well, we ended up knowing a few more families and their kids and we all had a great evening. Kids had their own waitstaff in a board room w/ movies (awesome)...and then they played wii, arcade games, pool and just hung out. While kids ran around (and were soo well behaved) the parents enjoyed a nice evening eating, having a few beverages and chatting away. So fun!
Since we kept the kids out so late, we had a really lazy morning. Sammy broke a record and slept until 10am! After he ate, we all went to the Sports Core so Justin could give tennis a try. He officially needs lessons...and I'm not the one to give them. Saturday evening my parents came over for dinner...I tried a new white chicken chili recipe and decided that I owe them many meals for all the food we ate at their place over Christmas, so this was a start! Nice night.
Today, we went to church (which we had been slacking on lately...but a new years resolution for our family) and out for lunch...then the rest of the day was spent playing new games from Christmas, watching a movie and finally...cleaning out one of Izzy's closets. :)
I'll end by sharing what Izzy described as her nightmare last night. She woke up crying...major tears and very upset. I asked if she had a bad dream and she said "YES, I had a nightmare about Caleb. He ate my pancake the grampy made me and it was R2D2.. he ATE IT." cry cry "please tell grampy to make me another one." Oooh, the life of a 3 year old...nightmares about someone eating your fun-shaped pancakes.


0 Comments:
Post a Comment
<< Home