Name:
Location: United States

Thursday, December 22, 2011

Happy Birthday Izzy!

Happy Girl by Justin and Kelly Webb
Happy Girl, a photo by Justin and Kelly Webb on Flickr.

You gotta love back-to-back Birthdays.....2 days before Christmas Eve. sigh.

ANYWAY - Izzy enjoyed her special day, even though it was pretty uneventful. She was super excited (as was Sam) to wake up to SNOW!! There isn't much, but Sam, Izzy & I still managed to shovel our entire driveway. Yes, it's ridiculous, considering 1) the length of our driveway 2) that it would melt by the afternoon anyway 3) my house is a mess, no Christmas baking had been done, and Justin's parents are coming tomorrow so I had no business being outside...BUT...it was Izzy's Birthday and she and Sam REALLY wanted to shovel, so that is what we did. On the positive note - we all got fresh air, exercise and my kids were very happy. :)

So after shoveling and hot cocoa, Izzy & Sam watched a Christmas movie and played the rest of the afternoon....doing what Izzy wanted since it was her special day.

Izzy's lunch request: PB sandwich, goldfish and a banana
Izzy's dinner request: homemade chicken noodle soup and "pupcakes". Caleb was thrilled....with the soup, not cupcakes.
Izzy's favorite gifts: she seriously likes everything. She is just a happy, smiley kid.

Other random facts about Izzy:
- She's such a peanut...I put on her 2T snowsuit today and it fits her perfectly. She still wears 2T pants, but 3T tops.
- Is a picky eater, but will try anything. She likes really odd things. I think it's funny that she and Caleb like their pizza loaded with all veggies & meats.
- Has really started enjoying craft projects and has the patience to sit and actually do them (like making a necklace with beads/string). She is also a really clean painter. Love that.
- Unfortunately, she loves Star Wars. She will now mix her princesses in with the Star Wars action figures....the sweet, innocent princesses are dating evil men with weapons....or possibly a robot. What would Walt Disney think?
- She LOVES picture finds books/games and is actually really good at them.
- She loves playing games...card games, board games...anything.
- She soooo wants to be older. She acts older too. Today at the table she sits with her pen & paper and says things like "mom, how do you spell 'pencil', I forgot" and nods her head and writes as I tell her. It's so cute and she sooo wants to be like her brothers.
- She likes picking out her own clothes and she always asks who bought the outfit. I think it's odd, but kinda funny.
- Is bossy. We call her Boss Hog.
- Is a really good independent player...I think she genuinely likes time to herself.
- Loves puzzles and is really good at them.
- Loves to run, dance, jump, tackle...movement of any kind. Like Sam, sitting still is very hard for her.
- Has mastered the art of fake crying.
- Will not leave the ornaments alone.
- I'm still not sure if she is getting coal or presents in her stocking...it's such a toss up. I'm leaning towards presents, but only b/c her dimple is so stinkin cute.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home