Name:
Location: United States

Friday, December 16, 2011

Things That Made Me Smile Today

1) the fact that Sam wanted to help make the cupcakes for his party. He also wanted to help put together the goodie bags (which rock, btw...I got carried away). And he is overjoyed that 14 of his friends are going to be at his party tomorrow...and he is sooo interested in making sure that THEY have a great time. I love it.

2) How loudly and proudly Izzy sings "Santa Claus is Coming to Town". She sang it for multiple people today, but my favorite was when she performed for Flinn's dad today at gymnastics...so loudly (and clearly, I might add) that all the little gymnasts stopped what they were doing and looked up to the balcony (where we were sitting). Izzy just kept on singing. By the way, she also sang "Happy Birthday" to my brother today, but she sang the "You live in a zoo...you look like a monkey and you smell like one too" version. I think he liked it. :)

3) Tonight while Caleb was reading, I went into his room to listen to him alittle...he was reading the real (not little kid version) Velveteen Rabbit book. He told me he liked the book, but that some words were "like from the 1920s and people just don't talk like that any more". Thinking I am going to help him with one of these "old words" I just sat down to listen. He came to the word "bracken" and I said "oh, I don't even know that word." His response: "bracken? mom, that is a like a bunch of twigs". "really?" "yeah" I just looked it up...it's a large coarse fern. How the heck does he know what that is? Regardless of why he knows words I don't, it still made me smile.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home