Scary New Stuff
Wow...is it November already? This means a bunch of new stuff for the Webbs, but let's first talk about the FUN of Halloweeen!
The kids had a blast on Halloween...what kid doesn't? They loved dressing up as their favorite character. Well, Izzy didn't...she dressed in a warm Old Navy costume that I choose for her b/c 1) she couldn't decide 2) Old Navy costumes are my favorite b/c they are cozy, warm, inexpensive and much better quality than other costumes. Anyway, she was very happy (and so adorable) and proudly told everyone that she was Strawberry Shortcake. We did our usual Halloween tradition...going to my parents house first (taking their picture by "The Great Pumpkin") and hitting a few homes there. Grandma's and 2 other homes in their neighborhood is all it takes to fill up a bag. Yeah...and then we head to my sister's neighborhood, walk around the block and fill up another bag (each). Crazy. Amy walked along with us, which I thought was funny...I'm not sure who had more fun - my kids or Amy. :) After trick-or-treating we went somewhere fun to grab a burger...and this time, Dave joined us! ha.
I seriously cannot get over the amount of candy the kids received, especially since we didn't go to that many homes!! And as I cleaned out my cupboard where I hide the candy, I found 3 bags of Halloween candy from LAST year. Eeew. Needless to say, we are not keeping all the candy...I think a few men/women serving our country overseas will get a bunch of it. Caleb is happy with this decision (he actually told me about the program)...I'm sure Sam & Izzy would think differently.
So now that we have entered November a few things changed on our calendar....no more soccer. Caleb's season ended this past weekend...his team was undefeated and he finished the last game with 2 goals against a really good team! He was so proud! So...no more soccer (which was twice a week) but the boys add swimming and tennis this month! The boys went to tennis tonight and were so happy to be back on the courts. Swimming starts next week - yipee!!
Our other big change this month...Justin is home...for good! We are officially finished with McKinsey & Co. It's odd. As I have mentioned before, they have put food on my table and a roof over my head since 1996 (when I started in Minneapolis). They have spoiled us with unbelievable benefits, put us both through graduate school and given us alot of great opportunities....we are so thankful. But we are also sooo happy to start this new journey. We were all sick of Justin's travel schedule and the hours ("vacations" when he was on the phone half the time)...sometimes, it's just not worth the money. And sometimes, you just have to take a risk and see what happens. We are looking forward to better/more family time and starting this new chapter in our lives!


0 Comments:
Post a Comment
<< Home