The Boys Weekend Getaway
On Friday afternoon, Sam has soccer....he plays with a few kids whose parents are good friends of ours. After soccer this week, we headed to a fun restaurant (to eat AND to watch the Brewers!) w/ 2 of the families. While we were there, the dads all decided to take the kids to Russ & Brenda's cabin, which is about 2 hours north of here (marinette county). Russ & Brenda have 2 kids...Caleb went to preschool with Levi and Sam went to 3K with Lila. Their friend Emerson joined in the fun with their dad...and I told Justin I would keep Izzy home so he could really enjoy the time with the boys.
They headed up on Saturday early afternoon (after the older boys soccer games were over) and came back tonight at about 6:30! They ALL had an absolute blast and the kids were supposedly all very well behaved. Fishing, campfire, hiking...all on a perfect fall weekend (70s/80s and sunny). Check out the pics...what great dads!
While my boys enjoyed time with dad, Izzy was stuck home with me. When I asked her what she wanted to do, she thought a minute and then said "get pupcakes" (cupcakes). So we headed to the store to get "pupcakes" (she choose football ones over princess ones), then went to the movie store so SHE could finally pick out a movie (her choices: Mickey's Halloween and Hello Kitty). I also let her pick dinner: pizza. (awesome). Before our cupcake & movie night, we spent lots of time playing outside on the perfect fall day.
Today, Izzy and I headed to my parent's cabin. I think she really enjoyed all the extra attention she received from granny & grampy ....one benefit to having both brothers gone for the weekend! I enjoyed being at the cabin as well...warm, beautiful and the best fall smell so far this season.
We have never done a boys-with-dad, izzy-with-mom weekend before. And while I did miss the boys, it was nice to spend more alone time with Izzy. As we walked out of the store with the "pupcakes" Izzy said "mom, I love just you and me (time)."


0 Comments:
Post a Comment
<< Home