First Day of First Grade!
Do you know how long Caleb has been waiting for school to start? Um...since the last day of kindergarten. Actually, he wanted to be in 1st grade WHILE in kindergarten. Needless to say, Caleb was THRILLED this morning. While usually the first one up, he is happy to lounge in his pjs all day. Not today. Nope, he came downstairs for breakfast already dressed and ready to go! Adorable.
I think he is going to LOVE his teacher, Ms Lamb. If he doesn't, it's my fault...I requested her. I don't think I will normally be so picky (oh who am I kidding, I'll probably do this every year for Caleb) but I really wanted him to be challenged and engaged or he will ooooh so quickly lose interest in school. I hear she is up for this challenge. We'll see.
Well, the report from today was great. He thinks the following is super cool about his class and being in 1st grade:
- his own DESK!! No more sharing tables....that's for little rugrat kindergarteners.
- Reading homework EVERY NIGHT! What could be better than that? He brought home a Star Wars book today, so apparently she has a great book selection as well.
- Ms Lamb is a volunteer firefighter and EMT. (um, this is all you had to tell Sam about her to make him fall in love). Anyway, according to Caleb, the kids in her class will know about a tornado in the area before anyone else in the building, including the principal. He seriously thinks this is the coolest thing in the world.
- 1st graders don't have to eat lunch with their class....which means, he can sit next to his 2 best friends who have different teachers. This also means he can choose to sit next to people who are not drinking milk. The sight of it still bothers him. sigh.
I absolutely loved how happy he was after school and when asked how school was he yelled "GREAT!!!" I hope this enthusiasm continues.
BTW - Sam starts school next Thursday....will report back on him soon. He's sooo looking forward to it!


0 Comments:
Post a Comment
<< Home