Lessons Learned So Far This Summer
1) When signing the boys up for things this summer, I thought it was great that so many camps were for 4-6 year olds...and so many cool camps. Needless to say, they did every camp together...which was great in the beginning, but not so great come end of July. They were SICK OF EACH OTHER. They did great at camp, but fought way too much at home. Lesson learned: next summer - maybe 1 or 2 camps together...regardless of the extra few trips I have to make!
2) Contrary to what I have heard, it is not easier to potty train a girl. Izzy is officially potty trained, but it has not been fun. The boys freaked out the first time they wet their pants and figured they never wanted to experience that again. Done. Easy. Izzy? No...she doesn't care...in fact, the first few days of training, she walked around with a proud smile on her face when she wet her pants. Uh huh. She was definitely the only one smiling. And today was her first day of leaving the house with underwear on. I am very proud of her...but it was not easy.
Lesson Learned: Don't get my hopes up when people say it will be easier with my girl.
3) I over-scheduled our summer (well, at least June & July)....but it was really hard NOT to. There are SO many super cool things for the kids to do around here....awesome camps, different classes..and then the usual baseball, tennis, etc. I wanted the kids to have fun, to be around other kids and to experience new things. And they have had an absolute blast, BUT, I can't say it has been terribly relaxing ...well, until this past week. :)
Lesson learned: being on a carefree schedule (like this past week) is delightful. I am happy to report it will continue...for the most part anyway).
4) Hanging out at the beach with my 3 kids can now be considered relaxing!! Granted, I only take them to the beach at the Sports Core...which is small, clean, not busy and I totally feel like I'm on vacation when I'm there...but still - it's actually relaxing!! To top it off, I usually know someone there and the kids always find new friends (or old ones) to play with.
Lesson learned: my escape can ALSO be their favorite hang-out! Perfection.
5) Ummm...we've been through 4 cans of spray-on sunscreen already.
Lesson learned: spray-on suncreen is a rip off....they cannot possibly put much in those containers. BUT... if I decide to keep buying them (which I will b/c it's just too easy), pick up a case of it next time I'm at Costco!


1 Comments:
This is funny! Did you read my last post (about being able to relax finally?) It's awesome! And will only get better!
Post a Comment
<< Home