Name:
Location: United States

Friday, May 20, 2011

The 3K Graduate

Sam & Flinn by Justin and Kelly Webb
Sam & Flinn, a photo by Justin and Kelly Webb on Flickr.

Sam had his last day of 3K today....and both of us are pretty excited about this. He enjoyed school, but is REALLY looking forward to all the fun things I have promised this summer. His list of cool summer things to do starts on Monday with Flinn coming over for the morning. After a week of play dates with friends he has 9 weeks of different summer camps. Yes, I said 9. He'll have soccer camps, gymnastics camp, art camp, and just your regular old camps..exploring creatures and getting dirty. He is also excited about taking tennis lessons this summer. He asks to play just about every day we are outside....I never enjoyed teaching "pee wee tennis" (I actually hated it), but I love feeding Sam tennis balls in the driveway. I seriously drop whatever I am doing when he asks me to play tennis.

He has been super busy lately (on wknds) working with Justin in the yard/garden.... spreading mulch & dirt and building stuff for my garden. Justin said the other day after about 4 hours of serious labor, he told Sam "why don't you take a break buddy and go play." Sam's response "but dad, work is like playing for me."

And while he was taking time for REAL play the other day, he taught himself how to pump his legs on the swings. He is so proud of this...and I am happy as well. I'm not a big fan of pushing kids on the swing. I know it's easy enough, but I'd rather fetch tennis balls. I sound like a dog. If I had a tail, it would wag every time Sam picked up a tennis racquet.

Regardless, I'm happy that summer has started for Sam!

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home