Name:
Location: United States

Friday, May 06, 2011

The Great Escape

It would be more appropriate (given the subject of the blog) if this was a picture of Justin and me in our swimsuits...running/escaping from our kids, but Caleb has not captured one of those moments with his camera yet. :) But we DID get away. The kids enjoyed 4 super fun nights at my parents house while Justin and I spent delightful time away in Miami. It was soooo wonderful.

And while the weather was perfect, meals were wonderful (and I didn't need to cook and clean), good books were read, yummy drinks were had, we could actually speak without interruption and I never had to turn my head when I heard a kid yell "MOM", I was super excited to see the kids on Tuesday afternoon.

And although I was as happy as could be to see the kids again, I can't say that they felt the same level of excitement to see me. They each reacted in such a different way when they saw Justin & me. Izzy was shy and super clingy....she would just look at us with a big smile, say nothing, and then hug us sooo tightly. She had a great time at "granny's" house. Caleb waved and smiled soooo big when I was picking him up at school. He gave lots of hugs and talked in great (and painful) detail about everything I missed. He loved having 4 sleepovers at granny's house. And Sam...well, let's just say that Justin and I prepared ourselves as we were getting closer to my mom's house. We knew that Sam would not be excited to see us. And actually he seemed happy to see us, but mad that we actually wanted him to come back home with us. After about 30 minutes at home, I looked at him with a big smile on my face and said "I am soooo excited to see you, buddy. I missed you soooo much." He looked at me with a scowl on his face and said "well, I miss granny already." Sigh.

Taking care of our 3 crazy kids is no easy task...their schedules are busy and they are full of energy (and they seem to constantly eat). While Sam wants me to hit the road again, I think it's my parents who could use the break now. :)

1 Comments:

Blogger Karen said...

Getting away is SO important! Sometimes just to see how they'd react to your being gone! So glad you got away!

9:31 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home